Chapter 14: Never be the same.

Iyana's POV

I can't believe he shouted at me for going out. Kanti what is his problem and this thing about safety this safety that is starting to annoy me. Yes congratulations on him for trying to protect me and keep me safe at all times because nowadays nobody is safe but his slightly overdoing it now. I'm feeling suffocated and i needed a breather but turns out that's a crime. Sigh.

If that's not enough now I have to accept the fact that his friends with him. I thought this year would be all about good things which was happening at first but then May comes and it's bringing nothing but havoc in my life. I hope he keeps his friends away from me, more especially him because I don't want to be forced to interact with them in anyway.

I go to the bathroom and do my face routine and change into pjamas. I take out my novel and read from where I left off. After two hours I'm done with it and go to bed. That's the thing about reading. You open the book to read one chapter but you end up completing it in one go.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
I wake up and do my morning routine and wear a navy blue jumpsuit. I'm meeting up with my parents today to have the talk they so desperately want. I don't expect much out of it. I doubt my relationship with them will ever be the same. I don't know if it's the anger and hurt that's saying that but I feel betrayed by them.

I tie my locs into a high bun and lay my edges. I put on lip gloss and i put the important stuff in my handbag. I go downstairs and I'm greeted by my favourite person in the house, Mam Zodwa. "Unjani ma?" I ask. (How are you?) "Ngiyaphila wena." she answers. (I'm good and you.) "Nami ngiyaphila." (I'm good.) "What's got you in a bad mood?"

"Nothing important." I answer. She gives me that knowing look and i sigh. "I'm meeting up with my parents today." "Then why are you in a bad mood? I'd expect to see you jolly and all that." she says. "Its just that they the ones that agreed to let this shazam happen." "What is a shazam?" "This marriage." "Why don't you just say marriage?" "Do you even call it one?" "Yes. Arranged or not its still a marriage."

"So they want to meet up so we can talk. I don't know what they want to talk about because there is nothing to talk about." I say. "Clearly there is hence this meeting." she says. "They just trying to apologise. I told them to cut their ties with me the day they sold me to him." "Sold is a strong word Iyana." "Its the best way to describe this shazam." She rolls her eyes.

"Mtanami they are your parents at the end of the day so you have to try and forgive them nana. I know it won't be easy and it will take time but go at your own pace. Keep an open mind and let them in because at the end of the day you still need your parents." she says. "That's the worst part about it." I say and she laughs. "Give them a chance and you don't have to forgive them now." "Ngiyakuva ma." She smiles. (I hear you.)

Nkosinathi comes in the kitchen and greets us. "Uyaphi?" he asks and ma nudges his shoulder. (Where are you going?)  "Oww ma! What was that for?" "You don't ask her kanjalo. You don't even know how she slept but you busy interrogating her about her whereabouts." she answers. I try to stiffle in my laugh but I fail. He holds the bridge of his nose and sighs.

"Uleli kanjani?" he asks. (How did you sleep?) "Ngileli kahle wena." I answer. (I slept well and you.) "Nami ngileli kahle. Uyaphi?" (I slept well. Where are you going?) "I'm going out with my parents." "I thought you said you cutting ties with them." "Complicated." "Mmm. Uhambe kahle just don't disappear for too long." He walks out and leaves us there. (Travel safely.)