Chapter 25: Shifting dynamics.

Iyana's POV

The sound of the beeping machines wake me up from my peaceful slumber. Kanti where am I? I didn't know that my bedroom has beeping machines. I open my eyes but the light is too bright so I shut them again. I open them up slowly and i notice I'm at the hospital. What happened?

The events of last night start flashing through my mind and i feel my chest tighten again. The machines start bleeping louder and i hear Nkosinathi call for the doctor and the doctor comes in and sedates me again. I feel my eyes become heavy and i let the sleep consume me.

£

My eyes flutter open and i sit up straight. Oh great I'm still at the hospital. I see Nkosinathi resting his head on his hands. I tap his shoulder and he wakes up. "You scared the shit out of me." he says and i try to laugh but it comes out as a cough. He stands up and pours water for me and helps me drink.  "You see how it feels like when you creep up behind me." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"You still get on my nerves even on your death bed." he says. "Wena why do you let me get to you?" I ask. "I don't know I'm still asking myself the same thing." I chuckle. "Uright?" (Are you okay?) "I'm okay. I just want to go home." "The doctor wants to keep you in." "I don't want to be here Nkosinathi. I just wanna be in my bed and watching Netflix." He chuckles.

"Let me call the doctor." he says. He presses the button and  one of the nurses comes in. "Our patient is awake. No other panic attack." she says and we chuckle. "Now I'm awake and i need to go home." I say. "Well the doctor wants to keep you in and you can leave tomorrow." "Okay."

"So you able to listen to the nurse but when I tell you you don't listen." he says and i roll my eyes. "Whatever Nkosinathi." He chuckles. The nurse jots down something on the board and she leaves. "Are you hungry?" "I could eat an elephant." "Okay what should I buy for you?" "Mc chicken and chips from Mc Donalds the large meal and buffalo wings from Spur."

"Okay." He takes out his phone and starts tapping on it and after a few minutes he puts it away. "I already called your parents they on the way." he says. "Oh." "You don't want to see them?" "No its not like that I just didn't expect you to call them." "Forgive them." "I'm trying but it isn't easy."

He brushes my cheek and his touch feels so light. It's like I'm imagining it but I know it happened because my eyes were open. "It's going to be okay." he says. "It's not. If you think this is psychotic of him to do clearly you don't know your friend." I say. "He might go low but I go lower." I chuckle. "Lets see that." "You will and you might not like me in the end."

The door opens and my mom rushes to my side and hugs me tightly. "Iyana don't you ever do that again." she says. "I'm sorry mama." She rubs my back soothingly and i feel the tears come out. This is what i needed. "You haven't had a panic attack in a long time. Why now?" "His back mama." "Oh no."

She starts crying with me and we sit like that for 30 minutes. She breaks the hug and wipes away her tears and my tears. "I'm sorry for not greeting. Sawbona mkhwenyana." she says and i glare at her. (Hello.) "Yebo ma unjani?" he asks. "I'm good. I'm glad this one is still alive." He chuckles. "What happened ndodakazi?"

"He called me and told me that his watching my every move and i just lost it." I say. He comes to me and pulls me in for a hug. "I'm sorry princess." he says. "It's not your fault baba." "I'm going to deal with him." I break the hug and look at him. "What do you mean by that?" "I mean exactly that. I let him slide one too many times now and it's time I silence him once and for good."