30

I opened my eyes to the dimly lit bedroom, blinking them as I turned to find Alycia sitting up beside me, reading with a small book light shinning on the pages. Her eyes peered up from the book at me, and she gently set it down in her lap, revealing her warm smile as she pushed her glasses up to her head.

"Hey, hunny. How are you feeling?" her voice was soft and considerate to my tired ears. I shifted in the bed, but quickly stopped, wincing as I remembered the events of yesterday and pulled a hand over my stomach. I moved my eyes back to hers, finding them slightly worried, but I shook my head.

"I'm okay.."

She dipped her chin down, giving me a look of disbelief before closing up the book on her lap and setting it on the nightstand beside her. She stood up from the bed, and I shifted my focus to the side, peering over to the window and noticing the light peaking from the blinds.

"Wait, Alycia, aren't you supposed to be at school?" I asked, worried that she may have forgotten, but she smiled, shaking her head at me as she walked around the bed to where I was.

"I called in for today so I could take care of you," she placed a hand on my forehead, gently pushing my hair back as she pulled back the sheets over top of me. I sat myself up quickly, flinching at the movement, but didn't acknowledge it.

"Oh, no.. It's okay, I would have been fine. I don't mean to make you miss work."

She playfully rolled her eyes and pushed my shoulders back into the bed. "Relax, I wanted to. Now, let me look at your bandage.."

She pulled the sheet further off of me, revealing my ugly-diaper looking bandage, and I quickly extended my arms, covering myself in embarrassment, not realizing I was pants-less. She darted her widened eyes to me, before softening them and tilting her head curiously. I felt my cheeks blush and I bit my lip to try to stop it but it was no use as she just gave me a confused smile.

"Y/n.. You can't seriously be worried about me seeing you still," she giggled, shaking her head.

"I- uh.. I mean.. Yo- you haven't even seen it normal before."

She threw her head back in a laugh, hovering her hand over her mouth as she looked back down to me. "You're adorable.. Relax, you're not scaring me away."

I shook my head, leaning it back into the pillow as I moved my eyes up to the ceiling. Besides the normal butterflies I get around here, and maybe a touch of embarrassment from the situation, I was actually fairly comfortable with her at the moment. That was the thing, she always made me feel safe when it was just me and her. For the longest time, I've had to get used to keeping my guard up 100% of the time, but with her, I was able to drop it and just relax. I trusted her, and for me, that says a lot.

She placed her hand on top of mine and gently pulled them away, using her other hand to move my leg to get a better look and my stomach turned at her touch.

"Hmm well I don't see any blood, so that's good. But we should still soak it for a little while."

I furrowed my eyebrows, and tilted my head in nervous confusion. But she looked up at me, giving me an amused look, clearly noticing my butterflies as she slowly nodded her head.

"In a bath.." she bit her lip, holding back her smile, and I widened my eyes, "Ohh.."

She let out a breathy laugh, placing her hand back on my forehead.

"You're cute.. I'm gonna go start the bath, and I'll be right back," she said, winking at me before walking out of the room.

There she goes with the winking again, holy shit.