Pajamas

I huff as Draino grabs my head and turns it slightly. I try and get away, but he just holds me in place. His touch is gentle as he brings a cloth over the skin on my face. I close my eyes as he moves over them, but he quickly moves on to wipe behind my ears and around my neck.

It's intimating having him touch my neck. He takes the collar off, putting it up and off to the side. It glints in the light a bit as it sits by the sink. I've gotten oddly used to the feeling of it on my neck over the past few days it's strange to not have it.

Though I also don't want it back on. As long as I have it on anyone who looks at it, it will know I'm a pet. It's not something I want even if I'm getting used to the feel of it on my skin.

A pet... not quite even a person. Not that the Franus really see as us people. I don't even know why Draino was being friendly with me back before that dreadful law change. Was it just to be able to manipulate me. Did he ever really care about me as a person, or just another Flita who might be his 'pet'

Draino is quick to finish bathing me, much to my annoyance. He did at least let me clean my own private areas after I made a big fight about it, of course.

He grabs a towel and places it around my shoulders as the water drains down the plug hole. I didn't feel dirty, so I'm not sure why he was so insistent on having a bath, but it's over now, at least.

I quickly dry myself off the moment I place myself down. Grabbing the clothes I just wore, I put them on before he had to chance to notice too much.

I can see the look of confusion and even bafflement, but I just laugh as he sees my messy clothes. In my rush to get changed, my clothes are sitting awkwardly on me

I just want a sense of control in this place where I have none. Not doing things how he wants me to feel better than just giving in. Since giving in means giving up and I've never really been the type to just give up.

"Really Valor, you might as well put your pajamas on since it's bed time after we have dinner" He says with a huff, slight smile on his face but also his hands on his hips.

I know I'm annoying him, and I don't think I dried off quickly enough as drops of water fall on the floor. Then the wretched collar comes out, and I dash away.

No way is he putting that back on me again!

"Valor, you know you have to wear this." He mutters, trying to grab for me as I manage to get out of the bathroom.

I run through the hall seeing him follow me. I dash back to the bathroom and grab my clothes. I doubt I'll manage to, but I do want to do this stuff myself. Even putting the collar on myself would be better.

His hands grab at me, and even though he slips at first, he manages to grab me and pull me against him. I hit and kick as he grabs my neck, not liking it, but he soon has the collar on despite my disapproval.

"There, all done. I expect less fighting over this next time, though, " He says with a slight annoyance.

My hand moves up to the collar, and I move my fingers over it briefly before letting my hand drop to my side.

"Sure, but I still don't like it," I respond with the slightest glare.

He sighs, and I see him ruffle through a set of draws for something. In some ways, I'm curious, but I'm also just tired and bored. I've been so bored lately that it's getting a bit annoying.

I hate it here with how strict he's being. I wish I had never put Drainos' name down, that I had never made him my guardian. Even if it meant struggling. Though if I hadn't gotten that wrist collar, maybe I wouldn't have lost my job and home...

One simple choice, and it just built up into a massive big mess. It's still not easy being here. It's giving me this feeling of being helpless and trapped.

There are so many feelings I don't know how to process. Sure, I'm happy to be safe and have my needs met, but I also feel a sense of failure. No one wants to fail , but it was my choice that led to events. I not like he just found me and saved me. I pretty much already 'belonged' to Draino.

"My sister called me earlier. She said she wants to come visit and meet you," He states, seeming a bit more content.

I frown, taking note of the wording he's using. He's not asking me. He's telling me. It's not something I have a choice on. That seems to be a common thread at the moment.

I ignore Draino as he comes over. He places the pajamas down on the opposite cushion. I grab them in my hand and throw them across the room

"Well, tell her I won't be meeting her," I snap, glaring at him as he looks at me with a look of shock on his face.

He comes closer, and for a moment, I feel intimated as he stares down at me from above. I don't flinch though or even blink until eventually he groans and walks off.

No longer able to see him, I look to the pajamas for a moment and scoff. They look cozy, but it's about the principle of this. The bed is calling me, though, as I yawn and snuggle in under the blankets.

1000 words

Written: 05 September 2023

Published: 21 September 2023