Pulsing memories

"Brady!" Rachel chimes again becoming almost annoyingly compulsive.

"Get up there Rachel!" Brady chivalrously orders reloading his fire arm.

"Come with us!" She begs.

"Rachel let's go! Audrey tell her let's go!" Jamie's dainty arms couldn't get any pull of Rachel next to me.

I on the other hand wasn't present within my being. I was lucidly out side of the vigorous situation. Becoming of who I really was. If it even really is me.
Our intruder's head tilted keeping their unseeable gaze onto me. I felt pushed further away into my own yearning. Unable to pinpoint why this sudden urge crushes me into dust. Feeling like this moment was minutes long but passes as a tent in a high wind.

You're waking up now. Come back to the dark Audrey.

Metal clinging echoes in a further distance of my brain. I was still motionless. I didn't want to break contact, it felt too good to stop. I never felt so safe in danger these past ten years. I could stay this way forever in this seemingly familiar event. Not even aware of the ever growing panic of younger people that needed me.

"No! Nooo! No-ooh oh!" Passionate heartbreaking cries poured from Rachel. Being dragged away from a frightful Jamie.

I now creep back into my vessel that was lassoed by my undying intent to keep innocence safe. Once all in myself I was too late for one.

"Ahhhh!-gghhaaahh!" Brady's neck sounded of rocks grinding roughly against each other. Then a thick snap ceases all of his struggling thrashes.

My consciousness then bursted back to the controls, pushing them to their limits. Having failed one of the youth's present among me. Feeling myself antagonized by how his screams weren't answered by me. Next move was to escape the heaviness set of panic fogging the entire house. Find the other two that have disappeared into the dark walls of this death trap of a house.

"Leave us alone! Just leave us alone!" Bellowing from an even darker part of the hall was Rachel's voice.

"Rachel! Shhh.. it's me." I climbed up the stairs, from where her voice originates. Until I felt a hard thump rattle my eye sockets bleeding bright colors.

"Shit!" It's collision bashes to the back of my skull numbing my senses. I fell hard back into the hall.

Flashing dots emerge it's way within my sight. The hall around me was spinning but very slowly. Then splits into some panels. I couldn't concentrate on any of them.

Don't fight it Audrey.

"No stop!" I groan through my lips heavily. My arm's jiggling for centerfold of my concentration. I lost where I was for a moment.

Then there was a feather light brush through my hair on my face, lightning pulses spring free in my skull. This touch was alien and some part of me couldn't let me desire it.

"Agh!" I was petrified, crawling blindly back up the stairs over a new obstacle of attic junk.

"Rachel it's Audrey." Jamie frantically jumps from behind Rachel.

Hovering just right behind me was the intruder. Rachel explodes her voice again throughout the dusty attic. I turn around still slumply climbing over the pile of attic trash. He was trying to grab a hold of my ankles. I kicked back to stay free.

"Audrey here!" Jamie's slim little fingers pulled my hoodie sleeve. It wasn't much help but I found a better grab of an object to pull me forward.

Landing hard on my chin there was no pain to split my focus. I swoosh around onto my back to see how close the intruder was. He was barely reaching over the barrier the two girls have made. Again I could feel something in myself burning again, wanting to sling pulses to my head. I wasted no time focusing on him I keep myself in toon with the moment.