Two of Us

I opened my eye's to a fall sun, bright but not as bright. Instead of it feeling heavy it was actually warm. Only there was one problem, I felt alone. I lift myself up to see where I was taken to.
I was surrounded by old, dusty crates and shipping boxes. Seems to have been an old factory, not a lot of light except from the shattered window I was under. Then I noticed the area around me was clean. Just the mattress I was laying on and the floor under it was the cleanest.

"Michael?" I whisper softly.

Creaking of a door followed my call so did footsteps. I wasn't afraid I could feel him watching me in the shadows. Hasn't he done this far too long? Maybe it was alien to actually have me here.

"Regretting already?" I ask unaware of where he is.

No answer but the footsteps approached. I tried to pinpoint where but my heart was pounding so loud within myself. I turned slightly to the left, his shoes just stood along the line of light.

"Or is it true? I am your last victim?" I get up to face him.

Out of the dark his hand slowly raises to my face. I still wasn't afraid. I was even ready to die. After all these years I knew some part of me would always feel the worry about being murdered as well.
His hand extends to my cheek stroking featherlight down. I couldn't find his face even when I squinted. Then it struck me, he didn't have his mask on! I didn't hear the breathing.

"It's me." I assure him.

He steps forward revealing his aged vessel. Slight scarring from the fire that night but it wasn't as deformed as I thought. The tissue around his left eye scarred from Laurie even looks to be losing its sight. His hair messy as always but not even a strand of grey protruded from his dirty locks. The only difference I seen was his rage. Almost as if it wasn't even there, he was calm.
I didn't even have any words to mutter. It was just a moment that was long overdue. Two people that have twisted one another in a wicked way, this was what they wanted really. Both his hands grace over my cheeks. He just stares down at me savoring my face. I did the same holding his right hand and my other finally rubbing along his face.

"At last." I mumble before pushing up on my toes to embrace his lip.

My lips were slight chapped from crying but his lips suckle back. I anxiously wrap my arms over his shoulders so he can pick me up. He supported my bum over his forearm the other entangled his fingers in my hair. We breathed each other's breath over and over not lustfully but gently. When I needed to come up for air I let my head tilt back, soaking the sun into my skin. I couldn't have been more at peace with myself. When I returned to Michael's face he was expressionless but I could see the happiness in his eye's. Only I could have that in him.

"...please."

He carries me over to the mattress laying me onto my back. Lowering over me appearing as a shadow under the sun from the roof. His eye's gleam the brightest. We finally became one again.

A short chapter to hold any of you fans over while I figure out how to end this book. Also any thoughts on a third book? We're far from over on this one but just wondering!
I hope you liked it and leave a comment!
See you next chapter :]
-FL