Last straw

I struggled all the way back. I was crying. Carter was covering my bottom from the startled children and other doctors all the way up the stairs back to my room. Jamie wasn't there.

"Do you realize he's just only here to kill you!" Carter let's me down and I push on him.

I breathe sharply through my teeth. Feeling warm tears flow down my cheeks. I became anxious, my nerves trembled my limbs. Shook my breath.

"You didn't even hesitate." He comments in disbelief.

"Let me go!" I yell right after my sight pulsates to the hallucinations again.

I haven't even noticed that when I was out there. By him. There was nothing wrong with me. I didn't think on it too long before Carter responds to me.

"Never..I love you Audrey." Stern as ever.

I shake my head sniffling. I cry softly.

"Your body..it's covered in bruises. You really are.." Carter trails off, his breath trickled. As if he was holding back tears.

"I hope I do." I say.

"Better then to live a life without him.."

"Oh come on! Audrey..you can't say that ever in the decade we've been with each other..you never loved me?" Carter advances to me, he grew just as anxious as I.

I stay silent watching a puddle of blood flow under my bare feet. I could hear the wind outside blowing the window as hard as a whip. I was really thinking about it, if I ever really did love Carter? Did I?

"Maybe I did, but it wouldn't be the way you would want me to. Not anymore...I'm sorry." I became sympathetic for him, it hurt to say it.

It hurt to hurt his feelings. No matter how honest they were. I can't help what's happened but no matter what I admit. Michael was always there, breaking the back of my mind.
I lower my face even more viewing blood spread around my shirt. I swear I could even smell it. It was almost disgusting, I could vomit. In a feeble attempt to escape I just cover my face that was full of tears. This on going cycle of keeping me away from my Michael is what is really killing me. Why can't he see that?

~

"We need to figure something out. Her body is beginning to bruise." Carter paces by Loomis.

"There is nothing we can do. She is the only key to killing that evil." Loomis responds.

"Is that all that matters right now? She doesn't deserve this." Carter leans to the wall.

"The only way she'll heal is if Michael is here."

"Are you fucking insane?" Carter winces at the idea.

"Just..hear me out. The authorities will listen to you but not me."

Carter turns around leaning his back to the wall.

"Here's what we can do."

~

I was sitting at the window sill sketching whatever I could see past the blood hallucinations. I was hoping they hadn't locked the window but the faculty was already two steps ahead of me. Everyone out and readying for the infamous Michael Myers to slaughter anyone who gets in his way. When truthfully there wouldn't be a massacre if they'd just let me go. I haven't felt very worried in all honesty. Just anxious because I knew something was coming. I was finally going to be free.
In the midst of drawing I wince in pain. I could feel my ribs pinch all over. So I put the sketchbook down and check, there were bruise outline of my ribs under my breasts all the way to my back.