Not this again

"Audrey." Carter's face was of pure guilt.

I only stared daggers into his very being. I couldn't even begin to describe how angry I was. How heartbroken I am, all these years. All of them wasted. Not even knowing who I was or why I was so divided. All these years I've spent away from him. Now here we are backed into a corner like we were that same night ten years ago.

"Movement!" An officer calls out.

I felt the presence arise behind me. It felt the same as it did ten years ago..I was, .. I was back.
Suddenly the hand behind me shoved my right side. Sending me down to the ground, with hundreds of gunshots following right after.

"Audrey no!" Carter shrieks.

Just shot after shot in pure impulse. Heat of the moment, pure animalistic brutality to him. I cried out under the roaring bullets. Hearing some of them rip right through Michael. I twisted my neck to see over my shoulder, he was staring right down at me. I started to turn around to get up to. But just as quick as it happened, it stopped. I hear his body fall through wooden objects. I lift my head up hesitantly now that I was on my feet.

"Michael?" I whisper.

Then another hand I've felt to be unwanted pushed me back to the cold hard dirt. I grunted in frustration. My hands were pulled behind me in apprehension, I whined. I couldn't believe this.

"Status?!"

"Unsure! No movement under!"

"Blow it!"

"No!" I yell.

My call was left unheard as cops all over the place prepped what appeared to have been a bomb. I struggled to break free from the ground, the officer pushed me forcefully into the dirt. I growled furiously. Then the old man from before approached, I had to lift my head up just to see his face.

"I asked myself that night 'why would evil protect anything?' Now it makes sense, you hold a piece of him now." It clicks.

"Dr. Loomis.." I utter keeping my eye's on him.

"So it seems you are back my dear. I am so sorry." His voice was hoarse with the greatest depth of emotions behind it, couldn't deny he didn't mean it.

"He brought me back." I respond as I was being lifted from the ground.

He stared at me with the same sympathy as before. I just kept an emotionless face as Michael would. He scoffs turning away, my eyes followed. Then Carter approaches.

"This patient is my responsibility I can take it from here." He tried to get me free from the officers grip.

As they bickered my attention was brought back to the now burning hole Michael fell in. Some hair drifts over my face, I became anxious.
It couldn't have ended this way, it couldn't. The sirens around us mellowed, the blinkers flashed brighter, the talking grew aggressive. Fueling a pit of anxiety dragging me in. I wanted to be in that hole with him.

He's alive, he'll be back. Hang in there hun.

I gasp quickly, startled from Freddy in my head. I close my eyes trying to cease the unbearable hole in my chest. Then the bickering around me stopped.

"Thank you, I'll take her myself." Carter held my shoulder in a annoyingly possessive way.

He pulled me aside from the scene I just limply followed. Having enough of him as a person. I never understood what his fascination was with me but then it was all too obvious with Loomis and Michael. Except I believe Carter confused it as love, me being a woman who was in grief had needed him. Not anymore but in a way I know he'd find a way back in. It boiled my blood inside of me. I've been pushed to the very edge with this man.

"Audrey..wh-." He was cut off right as I spit into his face. It sprayed grossly and I was proud.

He wiped his face taking a deep breath. I stare. He nodded and put his hands on his hip. I keep staring. I didn't glare at him anymore, I just stared blankly. Wanting him to not be near me. Showing him I didn't want him.
Then suddenly he back hands my face. Causing me to twist my torso as well. I was almost in shock but happy. When I realigned myself back up I stared at him even more.

"You're a stuck up piece of shit. What in the actual fuck is wrong with you? Can't you see that I love you?!" He snarled viciously turning a shade of red.

"I think you're confusing love with obsession Carter." I calmly voice.

"You think I could just let you go? Even after all of this? How does this not show that I love you? You're making me crazy in the head Audrey!" He thrashed his body as aggressively as his voice.

"Love can make you do things you wouldn't think you do. Especially drive you to the edge if they don't love you back..." I twist my head to side.

"And I don't love you back.."

There was a pause. A long pause as I kept my eyes closed with my head tilted back fighting my heavy anxiety that is my want to be with Michael. Carter huffed in disbelief and stepped forward loving my head to look at him. I kept my eyes shut.

"Yeah but I know you'll need me. At least I know I branded that into you." That remark made me open my eyes slightly. He caught it.

"Yeah..there it is." He doesn't say any more but drags me to his car tossing me in. Driving off to where ever.

In the car I kept my head looking out the window. Thinking about how I was so close to being with Michael. Even if it meant death. I didn't understand why it had to be this way. I was playing every scenario in my head that I could've done differently. Anything that lead to me going with Michael. It didn't make anything better but only worse. The anxiety returns inside of me. I began shaking as a physical response.

In an effort to control it I stared out my window. Tracking the fast passing trees. Creating a never ending scroll of ups and downs outside my window. As the moon follows us over the quiet dark road. It was so close to being an escape. Until suddenly in my vision it looked as though blood poured over what I could see. I concentrate on if it was real, it wasn't. I blink hard and shake my head. It was still there. I wipe my eyes but it was no use, I cringe stressfully. Instead I shut my eyes dozing off.