Before Halloween

"No.."

"No..please!"

I was watching it. I was watching it all happen! There was a voice within myself urging me to stop him from killing all those people. All of those faces, bloodcurdling screams, struggling limbs, right before life faded away from their eye's. You'd think after seeing them over and over again under my skull the intense emotions would fade. Instead they only grew worse. It was becoming visible that it bruised all over my body..I was afraid.

"Michael! Please stop!"

But the other part of me..thirsted for it.

~

Thunder crumbled over my screaming. My body bending right up damp of sweat. I yell in agony, not even aware that I was awake. My inner being was stripped to the bone of its sanity. I had no inner life. Completely pathetic.
My wailing was heard from down the hall. Carter bursted through the doors waking Jamie up from her rest. She flinches in fear of me and my ongoing cries. Carter reaches to the side of my bed realizing I wasn't aware of my consciousness.

"Audrey! Audrey you're awake! Calm down!" He shakes my shoulders lightly.

The siren from my pipes didn't cease.

~

Elsewhere a man was finally waking up. His body crusted in dirt, old bandages, and unfortunately mask-less. In some way or another he heard her calls for him. No longer dormant he begins to move, resuming his prior mission.

~

"Nurse! Nurse! Sedative!" Carter presses me back into the bed as it began to thrash violently.

I wanted to break free, I just needed to get free. Every bone, hair, vein, artery in my body was pushing this will onto me. Physically I was weak.

"Hurry! Hurry Dr. Dewitt!" Dr. Loomis trudges in cane in tow.

"Loomis? I thought you went home?" Carter changes the subject.

"Hurry up I say! He'll find her!" He yells anxiously.

"What do you-?"

"Here!" A nurse rushes back in with a needle.

"Nooo!! Gh...ahh! No!" I gurgle fighting back as best as I could.

"Hold her arm!" Carter orders, Loomis does so for the nurse.

"Where is he?! You know where he is!" He asks straight into my face.

I was growling in frustration not even bothering to tilt my head to see him clearer. I didn't even answer him. Then the needle pricks into my skin, striking intense pressure up my arm. I squeeze my eyes shut yelling painfully, then opening them back up screaming into Loomis's face aggravated. Loomis didn't even blink.
As soon as the needle ejected, the drugs do their job. My head fell to the pillow heavy, still staring at Loomis. I became breathlessly numb still not answering him. An emotionless stare to remind him that his once patient was a part of me.

"He'll be coming for you.. I won't doubt it."

My eye's slouch over with my hearing now echoing. I twist my head to the side just to see Jamie mouthing my name.

~

"Her body is slowly giving up, we won't know how long until it completely shuts down from the stress." A voice echoes between my ears, bouncing off the walls of my skull.

"Well there has to be something. Even if she refuses can't we say patient isn't in her right mindset?"

"I'm sorry there's nothing we can do, when she showed she was getting better that was the last of it. This is now the active death stage."