26 - Things We've Never Said Before

"Oh, Sofia, you're back?" I greeted Andrew's sister with a smile when I saw her in the kitchen.

She was gone for a while and to be honest I missed seeing her. She was one of the few people that I actually enjoyed talking to. She didn't judge me or my actions. We'd just sit on the sofa watching Game of Thrones and having the time of our lives. We'll at least that's what I thought. I'm not sure if she thought otherwise though.

"Jesse!" She quickly turned around and her entire face lit up from excitement. Then she came towards me and hugged me really tightly. She probably didn't have any idea how much I actually needed that hug at that time. "Yeah, I'm back for a while. You know, the election's coming up soon and I'm here to support my father and all."

"Well, I'm really glad that you're back. It's been pretty lonely without you here!" I admitted truly.

"I doubt that." Sofia chuckled teasingly. "I bet you and Andy enjoyed spending time together while I was gone."

"I've honestly no idea what you're referring to." I fake laughed nervously and at the same time got confused since I really had no idea why she would say such a thing. "You know very well that Andrew and I barely even talk, let alone have fun with each other. That's just a ridiculous speculation."

"Fine," Sofia smirked and I could tell that she wasn't convinced with my explanation. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"So..." I tried to change the subject since this whole conversations was becoming awkward as hell and I can't stand being in that kind of situation. "What are you making now?"

I looked at the mess in the kitchen which was full of flour and it reminded me of one time when I was in Felicity's house and she was making her delicious muffins. Oh, god, I miss those muffins so much. And I miss my friends even more but now my life's so chaotic that I think it's better if I stay away from them for a while.

"Oh, I'm just making my special brownies," Sofia responded and got back to what she was doing before I interrupted her. "You can have some if you want."

"Thanks," I replied with a friendly smile and took one from the plate. When I bit into it and tasted it I could tell it had a weird flavor but it wasn't bad so I just finished it because I can't say no to sweets. "So why are you making so many of them?"

"I'm taking it to my friend's party," She answered and put something in the oven. When she turned around to face me her eyes widened. "Wait, you ate the entire piece? That was pretty strong, are you sure you'll be okay?"

"What do you mean?" At first I didn't realize what she was referring to but my jaw dropped once I came to my senses. "Wait, did I just eat drugs?"

"Well, duh!" Sofia stated as if it was obvious. "I just told you that I was making special brownies."

"Oh, my god!" I panicked and started walking around the table like an idiot that I was. "I thought you meant a special recipe or something. I've never had drugs before. Oh, no! I think I'm going to die!"

"Relax, it's not that big of a deal," Sofia tried to calm me down but of course her attempt wasn't successful since I was almost having a full on mental breakdown in front of her.

"What?" I growled and looked her in the eyes. "Didn't you say I shouldn't have eaten a lot since it was so strong or something?"

"Okay, fine." She didn't bother denying it anymore. "It is strong, but you won't feel the affect before one hour or so."

"Oh, god! I think I'm already feeling it." I put my hand on my forehead and blinked because for some reason my vision was becoming blurry but I somehow managed to stay calm. "Wait, what if your parents see me like this, they'll probably freak out."