37 - Love, Jesse

"I still can't believe you're actually doing this." Lucy said while she was driving.

"What other choice do I have?" I replied.

Even though I really didn't want to leave my friends, there was literally nothing else I could have done. I mean, Lucy's father just called her and said that he's coming back tomorrow and even if he wasn't coming back I still couldn't stay in her house. I've already brought enough inconvenience to my friends and it's time to finally fix my mistakes.

I can't say that moving out of this town was the hardest decision of my life because that's all I've been dreaming about ever since I found out I liked boys. But it was definitely not easy saying goodbye to my dearest friends. They've helped me go through so much and I love them so deeply that even thinking that I won't see them again breaks my soul.

We've already established that they'll visit me often and we'll video call each other every day but that wasn't guaranteeing that our friendship wouldn't fall apart. I knew very well what the distance could do to people and I was afraid that our bond wasn't strong enough. Maybe I was worried over nothing but I just couldn't help it.

My future was still very vague. Even though that's very scary I was more afraid of the fact that my friends weren't going to be beside me. Even in my darkest days I still had a slight glimpse of hope because of them but now that I know they're not going to be part of my everyday life I can't help but feel terrified.

"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own?" My other friend Felicity signed with her hands. She usually doesn't show her emotions but I always knew she had a loving heart. It's just too painful for her. Ever since her father died in the car crash she shut everyone out of her life except Lucy and me. And now that I was leaving I got worried that she wouldn't have anyone to talk to. Well not literally, because she can't actually talk but you know what I mean.

"I'll be fine. You guys don't have to worry about me." I smiled and tried to hide my nervousness because I didn't want my friends' last memories of me to be sad. I wanted them to only remember the good times we spent together.

"We're almost there..." Lucy said and started slowing down the vehicle. Her voice became even sadder than before because she realized that it was already time to say our final goodbyes.

Once she parked the car and we all got out I got a chance to look around my surroundings. This was the last time I'd ever see this town again. I never in a million years imagined that I'd be this heartbroken over leaving this cursed place. In my dreams I always thought that I'd be dancing from joy but that's not what happened in reality.

We finally walked inside the train station. We were a few minutes late so there was really not much time to say anything else. I tried my best not to get too emotional and hugged my friends one last time.

"I'll text you once I buy a new number." I said when our bodies parted. "I'll miss you guys so much."

"We'll miss you too." Lucy replied but she tried to avoid the eye contact. I guess she was trying to hide the tears.

Few seconds later I walked towards the train and my body started shivering, not because of the cold. No, it's just because I was so nervous.

I was about to get inside the train but I remembered something. I took a paper out of my pocket and gave it to Lucy.

"Um... can you please give this to Andrew?" I asked. "He'll be at your house in about an hour."

"What? Why are you asking me that?" She was surprised because I didn't tell her about yesterday. "What even is this? When did you see Andrew at all?"