50 - Missing You

I knocked on the door slightly with my fist.

There was no answer.

"Are you okay in there?" I asked after a short pause.

Andrew's been in the bathroom for almost 10 minutes and I was starting to get worried. I didn't want to be a bother so I quietly waited near the door but my patience was wearing thin because I wasn't feeling very comfortable being alone in his house.

"Just... uh... give me a minute..." He finally blurted out with a low voice.

"What's taking so long?" I complained because I was already pretty annoyed at this point.

"It's harder than it looks, okay?" Andrew answered slightly passive aggressively.

I didn't want to make him even more frustrated so I tried to carefully choose what my next words would sound like.

"Maybe I can help you somehow?" I tried to be of assistance.

"No... You're making it worse..." He groaned. "Ugh... It was almost gone before you showed up..."

"Oh, so now it's my fault?" I breathed out feeling a little offended.

"Yes... It is your fault." Andrew was trying not to sound angry but I could still tell he wasn't feeling particularly happy.

"Okay... fine. It may or may not be my fault and that's exactly why I'm trying to help you." I gave up since there was really no point in arguing. "Um... Just think about an old lady or something. Unless you're into that sort of stuff, which I really hope you're not because then it would mean that I look like an old lady. Not that there's anything wrong with that I'm just... I don't know. Just make it go away and do it fast! I'm getting bored in here."

"Well it's hard to do that when you're standing behind that door and keep talking to me. "

Jeez... and here I thought I was the one who had got no action. Wait is my voice really enough to make him...? Um... You know what I really don't want to know the answer to that question.

"Okay... well then I guess you could... you know... try to make it make it disappear by doing... um... that thing that you do with your hand..." I gulped awkwardly. "But if you decide to do that then when you're done please wash your hands..."

"Ugh, shut up!" Andrew sighed and responded uncomfortably. "Just... leave, now!"

"Okay... okay... I'm going." I laughed because I didn't think he would get affected by my words that easily. But at least that proved one thing. He really did like me because if he didn't he wouldn't care what I thought of him. And the fact that he felt so embarrassed just proved my point.

***

"Yes... Yes... I already told you that I'm fine... No, there's no need to go to the police... I'm home with Jesse. Just come here and I'll explain everything..."

Andrew hung up the phone and looked in my way. I forced him to call his sister because I thought Sofia was going to be very worried about her brother and it would be nice for her to know that he was safe now.

"What did she say?" I asked curiously once Andrew put the phone in his pocket.

"She was really glad that I was okay but she's also extremely angry. She'll probably beat me up when she gets here..." Andrew joked and I cracked a smile. "Oh, I almost forgot... She said that she was really sorry she had to leave you alone but she and your friend were going to the police to report about me because they thought you'd be fine on your own since you were sleeping. They also went to get some medicine for your head because we didn't have anything in the house... They should be back in a few minutes."