59 - Zombie

"Why did you tell your mom? I really didn't want to bother her..." I commented when Tae-soo's mother was talking to the receptionist in the hospital.

"You said I couldn't contact your grandmother even though your condition may be serious so I figured I would at least ask my mom to accompany us just in case." He replied with a reassuring smile. "But don't worry, she won't tell anyone! I promise."

"That's not what I'm worried about. She just looked very busy when I visited your house so I felt bad when you asked her to stop what she was doing to come with us." I explained with a shaky voice. I was still a little uncomfortable because of this whole situation.

"She wasn't busy..." Tae-soo brushed it off. "She was just cleaning the house and she does that every day so it's really not that big of a deal."

Before I was able to even think about what my response would be Tae-soo's mother suddenly turned around with a comforting smile on her face and looked me in the eyes. "They said that the doctor will be able to see us in a few minutes. We won't have to wait for very long..."

"Oh... okay." I was still a little bit confused so I started muttering at first. "Um... thank you for coming with us, Mrs. Kim, and I'm really sorry for taking your time. I'll try to make this quick so I won't inconvenience you any further."

"Nonsense, darling! You take your time and don't think about anyone else right now!" Tae-soo's mom patted my shoulder to express her sympathy and encouragement. Her genuine tone quickly made me forget all the unimportant things I was concerned about. "Let's not dwell on the future yet though, alright? We'll find out what's happening to you as soon as we talk to the doctor so don't get all worked up yet."

"Okay..." I forced a smile to convince her that I was feeling alright.

After a few minutes of sitting on a chair and staring at a wall I was getting extremely bored but unexpectedly my phone started vibrating in my pocket. Once I took it out and looked at the screen I saw that one my friends was calling me so I excused myself and went somewhere quiet where no one would be able to hear or see me.

"Hey..." I greeted the person on the line.

"Hey, babe! It's been so longs since we talked... How have you been?" Lucy's soothing voice pierced through my eardrum and made me tingle.

"Oh... I'm fine. My life's pretty uneventful right now so let's talk about you. What's going on with you and Felicity?" I tried to change the subject.

"We're great. I'm actually with her right now. We're watching The Conjuring and it's freaking terrifying. That's why I'm calling you right now because she keeps shushing me and you know I can't handle horror movies without gossiping..." She seemed to be very talkative which wasn't unusual at all.

"Ha-ha..." I giggled awkwardly so she wouldn't notice that I wasn't in a great mood. "You hate horror movies more than me. I'm surprised Felicity managed to persuade you to watch it with her..."

"Ugh... don't even get me started. She's so annoying. I asked her if we could see an animated movie instead but she insisted that The Conjuring wasn't scary at all and I was like 'okay, bitch, but if some ugly ass demon whore jumps into my face I'm throwing your TV in your yard' and of course that's exactly what happened..." Even Lucy's complaints were hilarious to hear.

Actually I think she's the only person who I actually enjoy to listen to when she's making a fuss. Everyone else is just so damn serious all the time but no matter what happens Lucy never gets overly emotional. Don't get me wrong I definitely wouldn't mind if she was more expressive but I like that I can always call her whenever I need to cheer up.