Chapter Fifty-One ↡ The Wedding

Chapter Fifty-One ↡ The Wedding of Prince Antony and Lucia Bautista-Allen

The wedding of Prince Antony and Lucia Bautista-Allen took place on August 21, 2020 at Westminster Abbey in London, United Kingdom.

The groom, Prince Antony, is eighth in the line of succession to the British throne. The bride, Lucia Bautista-Allen, had been his girlfriend since 2015.

At 11:00 am, Lucia and her father leave Clarence House in a horse-drawn carriage on the morning of her wedding and heading to Westminster Abbey for the ceremony which be broadcast live on BBC, YouTube, TLC, VH1, E!, Bravo, ITV, and SVT.

William and Harry are both, Antony's supporters.

Just ahead of Lucia and her father entering the abbey, George, Charlotte, Louis, Tanisha, Christina, MJ, Daniel, Isla, Savannah, Mia and Lena walked down the aisle. The girls white dresses with pink ribbon were adorned in sweet floral crowns while the boys were in uniform of the Blues and Royals (Royal Horse Guards and 1st Dragoons), with a forage cap.

As Lucia and David arrived and began to enter the church, as Anthony Hamilton sang "The Point of it All". Lucia looked at the guests as she walks down the aisle.

The ceremony was attended by the bride's and groom's families, as well as members of foreign royal dynasties, diplomats, and the couple's chosen personal guests.

Lucia was in a bespoke Jenny Packham gown was long sleeve beaded tulle & chiffon. The skirt comprised some 30 metres of fabric. The shoes were from Alexander McQueen. Lucia wore her hair in an updo with her veil was held in place by The Persian Turquoise Tiara which was a nod to Princess Margaret, Antony's grand aunt and one of his Godmothers.

Her bouquet was made up of delicate pink, white hydrangeas, peonies, myrtle, lily of the valley, freesia, and cream roses studded with crystals.

Antony had tears in his eyes as Lucia walked with her father to meet him. Catherine, Eugenie, Beatrice, Harry and Meghan were also emotional.

When Lucia reaches Antony.

"You are the most beautiful woman in the world." Antony said as he grabbed her hand.

"Hello, handsome." Lucia said as they smile at each other.

The Dean of Westminster, presided at the service; the Archbishop of Canterbury, conducted the marriage; The Bishop of London, preached the sermon; and a reading was given by the bride's maid of honour, Erica and another reading was given by The Duchess of Sussex.

Following the traditional wedding ceremony, the newlywed couple were presented to the congregation as husband and wife for the first time and holding hands as they walked down the aisle with their bridal party.

The married couple then embarked on a royal procession to Buckingham Palace as well-wishers lined the streets to catch a glimpse of the newlyweds.

The Queen hosted a lunchtime reception at Buckingham Palace, starting after the arrival of the married couple's carriage. It was a private gathering for guests drawn from the congregation who represent the couple's official and private lives.

Antony and Lucia later appeared on the balcony with the royal family much to the delight of the waiting crowd.

The attendees were on the balcony and waved to the crowds before Lucia and Antony gave the crowd what they wanted: a kiss.

On the morning of the wedding, it was announced that Antony was created The Duke of Avondale, with Lucia becoming Her Royal Highness Princess Lucia, The Duchess of Avondale after the wedding with the Queen granting her right as a princess in her own right.

The wedding bouquet was returned to Westminster Abbey and placed on the Tomb of The Unknown Warrior by a royal official, after the photographs had been taken.

This followed the tradition started by Antony's great grandmother, Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, after her marriage to the Duke of York in 1923.

The formal portraits were taken by Hugo Burnand at Buckingham Palace following the ceremony.

In the evening, the Prince of Wales gave a private dinner, followed by dancing, at Buckingham Palace for the couple and their close friends and family.

For the evening reception, Lucia wore two dresses a beaded gown by Lazaro and a strapless ivory gown by Vera Wang and let her hair down.

The singer-songwriter Brandy, singing the Etta James' classic "At Last" for the couple's first dance.

With the spot's towering ceilings and arches and columns galore, the reception felt spacious and intimate at once.

Tables were decked out in ornate embroidered linens from What's the Occasion Linens & Decor and topped with gold-accented glassware, plates, and silver for an enchanted touch.

Each chair was lovingly outfitted in pale pink tulle with tassels by Wildflower Linens. Lofty centerpieces held arrangements of cascading white hydrangeas, peonies and roses, with pops of hot pink accent flowers.

The couple cut into a gorgeous all-white seven-tiered cake designed by Lucia with Roobina's Cakes.

The pastry towered over the bride and groom with intricate marzipan flowers pinned with crystal centers and a middle tier quilted with more of the sparkling stones.

Next came the father-daughter dance to ""Sweet Pea," by Amos Lee.

Lucia and her father started the song before other father daughter duos joined in.

William danced with Charlotte as Antony danced with Tanisha. Charles danced half the song with Catherine and half with Meghan.

Soon the little ones and the older members of the crowd left and the party became more reckless for the younger crowd.

The event ended at 4 am, with a small fireworks display in the palace grounds.