Chapter Seventy-One ↡ Future Queen in Ireland

A week after returning home from the African royal tour, Lucia arrived in Dublin, immediately going to Áras an Uachtaráin, the residence of the President of Ireland in the Phoenix Park, where she was welcomed by President of Ireland, inspecting a guard of honour and planting an oak tree beside the Peace Bell in the garden, before travelling to the Garden of Remembrance where she and the President laid a wreath.

Later, Lucia visited Trinity College Library, where she viewed the ninth-century Book of Kells and the 15th-century Trinity College Harp, and shook hands with many academics, before retiring to Farmleigh for a private evening.

On the second day, Lucia visited the Guinness Storehouse, Government Buildings, and the National War Memorial Gardens, as well as the Croke Park sports stadium, which was the site of the shooting of football spectators by British forces in 1920.

In the evening, the President of Ireland hosted a State Banquet in honour of Lucia (wearing the Girls of Great Britain & Ireland Tiara) at Dublin Castle, which included speeches by both Lucia and the President.

The third day of the visit included a tour of the Irish National Stud in Tully, County Kildare followed by a visit the Aga Khan's Gilltown stud south of Kilcullen in County Kildare and lunch with members of the Khan's family.

In the evening, Lucia hosted a Return Reception at the National Convention Centre in Dublin.

On the final day, Lucia visited the Rock of Cashel in Cashel, County Tipperary, on her way to Cork, visiting the Coolmore Stud, the world's largest horse-breeding operation, in Fethard, County Tipperary and then the English Market on Princes Street ahead of unscheduled walkabout along the Grand Parade, before going to Tyndall National Institute, a research centre which is part of University College Cork.

Lucia then departed Ireland in the afternoon to return to the United Kingdom.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

The Princess of Wales as the new Patron of Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust, this afternoon attended a Luncheon at Savills.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

The Princess of Wales, Chairwoman of the Trustees, Outward Bound Trust, this morning held a Trustees' Meeting and gave a Luncheon for supporters.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

The Princess of Wales, Honorary Air Commodore, this morning visited Royal Air Force Northolt, Ruislip, Middlesex.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

The Princess of Wales opens up about family life in latest interview

Princess Lucia, the Princess of Wales has appeared in a stunning photoshoot for Vogue Australia.

In an exclusive interview with the magazine Lucia comfortably offered fresh insight into what life is like for her and her family behind palace doors, speaking of her role as a mother of four, her charity work and the other passions in her life.

On the cover, the Crown Princess — wearing a stunning floor-length red gown and tiara — she walk the grounds of her home at Kensington Palace.

The American-born royal has worked tirelessly in her charity work over the years, proof she is committed and dedicated to the causes she puts her name to.

Lucia talked about being a successful businesswoman explaining that she's "extremely involved" in all of her businesses. When asked how she manages to balance that work with her four children with husband the Prince of Wales, she explained that there's a very strict routine she follows. "I go to bed when the kids go to bed," she explained. "I don't drink, I don't stay out late at night. So I think that really does help."

"I know every day I wake up at a specific time and I have my schedule set in stone and I really don't like to veer off of that, because it's so planned out and with four kids, you just have to be so organized. So being organized is key."

Vogue's editor-in-chief, says that throughout the interview Lucia revealed herself to be at ease with her public life and position, and is "driven to use her influence and the privilege it awards her to further causes close to her heart: gender equality and sustainability".

While we're sure Princess Lucia has a lot of amazing help, she seems to know that she has to make sacrifices to find that balance between being a mother of four, a businesswoman and hopefully one day a queen.