Chapter Eight ↡ You Got It

I sat down beside Antony on the sofa, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. I leant my head on his chest. He lightly kissed the top of my head, stroking my hair.

"Now that we know what we're having, we need to talk about names." I said after a while.

"Okay, What names do you have in mind?" Antony asked.

I sat up, looking at him.

"None." I answered.

"Yeah, I have none either. I just something not traditional. Lord knows I don't need anyone thinking I named my child after them." Antony said.

I smiled.

"We still have time." I said.

"We do." He agreed.

"By the way, Beatrice asked if Tanisha could be in the wedding party. I told her I would ask you first." I said.

"I mean Beatrice has not set a date yet so I don't know. Do I want Tanisha being a target by the media before we announce that we're a family?" He asked.

"This is your dear cousin's wedding, Antony." I answered.

"I know Beatrice is my favorite cousin but it's about privacy for Tanisha and you." He said.

"Antony, we cannot keep us a secret forever." I said.

"I know but I want to wait for the right time." He said.

"Okay, but you'll call Beatrice and tell her that you said no." I said.

"How are you feeling?" Meghan asked as they sat in the car on their way to a Smart Work event

"I'm a little anxious." Lucia answered with a nervous smile.

"Don't be. Everything will be fine. You'll see." Meghan said.

"Okay, Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this event." Lucia said.

"To be honest with Lucia, I did this because I didn't have much support when I joined the family and once Antony told me about you. I knew we would bond and that I would be there for you no matter what. We're sisters now and I want you to know that you can come to me about anything." Meghan said.

"Thank you that means a lot and I know with everything going with the media that you may feel alone and I want to you that you can come to me about anything. I will support you." Lucia said.

"Thank you, I knew the moment you walked in that I would never be alone in this family." Meghan said as they hugged as the car stopped.

Breathing in deeply, Lucia mentally prepared herself for the storm of cameras and the crowd gathered. She knew they would focus mainly on Meghan but because she was a new face they would focus on her as well.