Chapter Thirty-Eight ↡ Something Blue, Something New

Something Olde
✔️Something New
✔️Something Borrowed
✔️Something Blue
A Sixpence in your Shoe

They made a brief walk across from their apartment to the Cambridges. Lucia reached forward and opened the door without bothering to knock.

"Hey guys! It's us!" Lucia exclaimed.

Antony closed the door behind them.

William came rushing down the hallway chasing a giggling Charlotte. "Aunt Lulu!" Charlotte squealed.

"Char!" Lucia exclaimed.

"Cha!" Tanisha squealed as Charlotte picked her up and carried her to the sitting room.

Kate appeared with George and Louis, she swooped down and gave her a kiss on either cheek and a hug.

"How are you, Lucia." Kate asked.

"I'm well and how are you?" Lucia asked.

"Antony." William said giving him a hug.

"Will." Antony said.

"We have something to give you guys for the wedding." William said as they sat down.

"Really, you guys did not have to get us anything." Lucia said, as she placed Theo on her lap.

"It's your something blue for the wedding." Kate said.

"This is sapphire cocktail ring belonged to our mum. I originally kept me for Catherine but didn't fit her so I'm hoping it fits you." William said as he handed her a ring box.

Lucia took the ring out of the ring box and placed it on her right hand finger.

"Thank you guys this means a lot coming from you both. It fits." Lucia said, as she held her hand up to show off the ring.

"Perfect." Kate said, smiling.

"Now, Antony this is for you." William said as he handed him a a slightly bigger box.

Antony opened the box to find a Wood Watch.

"It's a watch. Thank you." Antony said.

"It's not just any watch, Antony, flip it over." William said.

Antony flipped over the watch to find an engraved writing on it with a crown.

"I love you with all my heart, dearest son. 10.6.86." Antony said as he read the engraved words.

"Your birthday." Lucia said.

"Where did you get this? How come I've never seen this watch before?" Antony asked.

"At first I picked the watch when we're dividing mum's jewelry. I never paid attention to the engraved words of the watch until I went into the vault and a saw it. Once, I read it I knew it belonged to you." William answered.

"She never got the chance to give this to me." Antony said.

" Antony said