14

"Okay girls," started Mr. Cahill. He wore a fitted suit that showed off his tall lanky figure. Brandi got her looks from him. Her mom left them when Brandi was five so it's just the two of them. "Food is in the kitchen, the alcohol cabinet is locked so don't even try it, no boys, i'll be back around midnight." he kissed Brandi's cheek. "Love you."

"Love you too dad."

"Bye girls," he said, grabbing his briefcase and keys. He kissed Brandi's head. "Bye baby."

"Bye Mr. Cahill," we called out as he left the house.

We walked into the kitchen. On the island counter was a box of cheese pizza, a box of hot wings, a bowl of fruit, and a plate of brownies. Dana grabbed a slice of pizza. "So what's the plan for tonight?" she asked taking a bite.

"Movies and gossip." we all nodded and filled up plates of food. We walked back over to the living room.

"So Tessa," said Dana. "What is going on between you and Luke?"

She rolled her eyes. "Nothing is happening between us. He has a little crush on me but we're just friends."

"Luke isn't a bad guy," Dana said softly. "He is a player but when he's with someone he is loyal."

Tessa shook her head. "I just got out of a bad relationship and Luke might be a good guy but i'm not ready." we all nodded and kept eating. "And anyway, we should be asking Leia what's going on between her and Nick."

They all looked over at me. I took a drink of my soda. "We're figuring things out right now but i don't even know what's happening between us." my phone started ringing. I pulled it out to see the picture from the homecoming game of me over Nick's shoulder flashing on my phone. "Speaking of."

"Ooo," they mocked. "It's lover boy." I rolled my eyes and answered it. "Hi Nick!"

Hey Nick, what's up?
Corazón he whispered. He sounded like he had been crying.
Nick are you okay? I asked walking off to a corner alone.
Yeah I just, I needed to hear your voice
What's wrong?
I had a nightmare
Are you thinking about Lindsay again?
Yeah
Do you want me to come over? I can be there in fifteen
No, it's okay, you're at a sleepover don't worry about me
Nick how about you come over for a few minutes? Just until you're feeling better
But-
I'll see you in fifteen okay?
Okay

I hung up the phone. I walked back over to the girls. "Brandi, is it alright if Nick comes over for a bit?"

She nodded. "Yeah, he just can't stay over." I nodded. She put on a movie and we all finished eating. About twenty minutes later Brandi looked over at me. She tilted her head towards the door. "He's here."

I nodded and stood up. I looked down at my outfit. I had on spandex shorts and one of Nick's old basketball warmup shirts. I shrugged. I walked outside as his bike pulled up. He got off and made his way towards me. His arms wrapped around my waist tightly and his face nuzzled into my neck. "Corazón."

"I'm here." He held me in silence for a few minutes. I kissed his cheek. "Do you wanna take a walk?" He nodded. "There's a park we can go to."

He unwrapped himself from me and grabbed my hand as we walked. I rested my head on his shoulder. We sat down on a bench at the small park. I sat across his lap laying my head on his chest. He played with my fingers. I pressed myself against his warm body. "Are you cold?" I shook my head. "Here," he said, taking off his leather jacket and wrapping it around his shoulders. I put my arms through the sleeves. I breathed in the smell of his cologne mixed with a hint of smoke from the jacket. "I'm sorry for taking you away from your friends."

"It's alright." I closed my eyes and laid my head back on his chest. "Are you okay?"

"I miss her."

"I miss her too." he kissed my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his waist. "Do you want to tell me about the dream?"

"I was in the house with Elena," he started. "I heard Lindsay scream. I ran through the house but I couldn't find her. I ran outside to see her being zipped up in that black bag," he whimpered. "I ran back inside and dad had Elena in his arms. Then Elena was gone and-"

"And what?"

"And you were in his arms. He- he was kissing you, he had a knife to your throat, taking your clothes off and then I woke up."

I leaned up. I grabbed his face in my hands. I laid my forehead against his. "Elena is safe. I'm safe. Your dad can't hurt anyone ever again." I kissed his cheek. "He never touched me and he can't now okay?" he nodded. "Have you been having these nightmares often?"

"Almost every night since it happened," he whispered. "You've been showing up in them and I haven't been able to sleep."

"I'm so sorry Nick." I kissed his shoulder and his neck. "I'm so sorry, I don't know how to help you," I cried. "Tell me what I can do."

"Just being with you helps me," he whispered. He ran the back of his hand along my cheek. He leaned down and softly put his lips on mine. I put my hand on his cheek. I kissed him back for a moment before pulling away from him. I leaned my forehead against his. "I'm sorry."

"No it's not that. We don't kiss when one of us isn't clear-headed, that's the rule."

"We have rules now?" he asked. I nodded. He hugged me tighter and laid his head against my shoulder. "What are our rules?"

"We don't kiss when one of us isn't clear-headed." He nodded and put one finger on my thigh. "We uh we don't kiss other people." He put a second finger on my thigh. "We don't take our anger out on each other." he kissed my shoulder and put a third finger onto my thigh. "We don't go further than kissing." he chuckled putting a fourth finger down. "And when we figure out what we want, we have to tell the other."

His hand was now on my inner thigh. "And that's five."

"Do you feel any better?" I asked, running my hand through his hair.

"If I say no will you keep sitting on my lap?" I giggled. "A kiss might help me." I kissed his cheek and then his jaw. He wrapped his arms tighter around me. "Just keep doing that Corazón."

I kissed up his neck softly. He started breathing in and out slowly. I kissed his jaw again. I leaned up next to his ear. "We should start walking back," I whispered. I stood up and grabbed his hand.

He stood up. We slowly walked back to Brandi's house. We stood beside his bike. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned up and softly pecked his lips. "Call me if you need me again." he nodded and got on his bike. "Wait your jacket."

"I'll get it from you later," he said. He smirked. "Maybe you'll dream about me tonight." I rolled my eyes. "Bye Corazón."

"Bye Nick." I watched him drive off before walking back inside. I saw the girls scramble back to the living room. I crossed my arms over my chest. "Were you guys watching us?"

"You kissed him," squealed Dana. Tessa and Brandi hit her arms. "Oww! What? She saw us. You freaking kissed him."

"I told you, we're figuring things out."

"And kissing," she squealed again. She started jumping up and down. I rolled my eyes. "He's a good kisser right?"

"Yes," I sighed. She screamed. I grabbed a pillow and hit her. "Be quiet."

"I can't help it."

I rolled my eyes. I sat on the couch. Brandi put in another movie and turned off all the lights. I wrapped a blanket around me. I turned my head inhaling Nick's cologne. I pulled out my vibrating phone.

Nicky: Thank you
ME: Anytime
Nicky: sweet dreams mi Corazón
ME: Good night
Nicky: If you dream about me, call me and i'll make it come true❤️

***********************************************************************************************

So yesterday was my 18th birthday and I was kinda sad that it was during quarantine but I did get to have some of my friends over for dinner so that was fun! Anyways, let me know how you are liking this story so far and make sure to check out my other stories!