52: Nick's POV

"God, what is your problem?" asked Luke. "the game starts in like ten minutes, are you really not gonna play?" i shook my head. "You know what? If you won't listen to me, i know someone who will."

I barely noticed him and everyone else leaving. I put my head in my hands. I heard the locker room door open. she kneeled down in front of me. i brought my head up to look at her. she smiled. That beautifully perfect smile. "What are you doing in here? The game's out there."

"I can't play."

she sighed before she stood and sat beside him. she grabbed my hand interlocking our fingers. "Lindsay?" i nodded looking down at our hands. "She loved watching you play. She would scream so loud when you scored a touchdown. I think she'd want you to play."

"I know she would." i leaned down and grabbed a black box out of my bag. "She helped me make this, she wanted me to do it after the game but i guess now's a good a time as any."

she took the box from me. she opened up the lid. On the flipped up lid in cut up letters spelled out "cheer me up and..." inside the box was a football with "tackle homecoming with me?" written in black pen. In front of it were a bunch of fake sunflowers without the stems. she smiled at me. "Aww Nicky, this is so cute."

"So would you want to be my date? I know the dance is tomorrow but-"

she kissed his cheek stopping me. "I'd love to go to homecoming with you," she said wiping her lipgloss off of my cheek. I honestly wouldn't mind if i had a lip stain from her on my cheek. i smiled at her. "But I need a favor."

"Anything."

"I'm going to need you to win this game for me."

i smirked. "I can do that."

We both stood up and walked out of the locker room. "Are you all good?" Luke asked.

i nodded. "Yeah, thanks for getting her." Luke nodded and we hugged each other. We ran back onto the field. Luke ran to the huddle while i followed Leia over to the track. she stepped up onto her crate making her my height. i took off my cross necklace and clipped it around her neck. I loved seeing my necklace around her pretty neck, told others she was mine even if she wasn't just yet. "I'll see you after the game."

she touched the new pendent on the chain. It was a small simple silver heart that hung next to the cross. "What's this one?"

I found myself smiling. "I took it from Lindsay's favorite necklace." i kissed her cheek. "Thank you corazón."

i ran off to the huddle. "Nice of you to join us, Nick," said Coach. I nodded. "Okay, boys we got a game to win."

the coach left our huddle. We all chanted and cheered before the game started. The offence stayed on the field to start the game. I looked up at the sky. "This one's for you, Linds."

We ended up winning 56-14. Luke, Ricky, and i walked over to the girls. "Elena, look who it is," Leia said bouncing Elena on her hip.

"Hi princess," i smiled, taking Elena from her arms. "Did you have a fun time with mi corazón?" i kissed all over her little face making her giggle. i handed her over to Luke. "corazón take a picture with me."

Dana took a picture of us with my arm around her shoulders. She took another one with me wrapping my arms around her from behind. The last picture was of me throwing Leia over my shoulder. Luke took a picture with Tessa.

Luke gave Elena back to Leia. "You're sleeping over tonight right?" she asked. i nodded. she smiled. The girls went to the cars while we headed back to the locker room. The four of us showered and changed before heading back to the girls.