I want it all...

I pull away from Emma and tie her robe closed. When I look up I see the hurt in her eyes. But I'm doing what's best for her physically and what's best for both of us emotionally.

"Emma, you said it yourself that you're in pain. I know your meds haven't kicked in yet so don't try to tell me that they have."

"Thats not the only reason so don't try to tell me that it is." She's pissed.

"Emma, I can see you're itching to pick a fight but please don't."

"I dont want to fight but I also don't want bullshit excuses as to why you won't fuck me right now."

"First of all, you didn't ask me to fuck you. You asked me to make love to you. Those are two very different things. Second of all, me not wanting to hurt you isn't a bullshit excuse and you know it."

"Admit that it's not the only reason. Tell me that you can't make love to me because you still don't know if you want to be with me. Tell me that yesterday scared the shit out of you and now you're going to run away scared."

"Don't."

"Dont what? Tell the truth? It's what you do. You run. You've done it twice now. I honestly don't even know why I'm still trying."

"Don't go throwing things back in my face that I've apologized for over and over again. The fact that I've done those things to you is the exact reason that we aren't together now."

She is really pushing my buttons. I run my fingers through my hair and take a deep breath to keep from losing my cool. Then I lean down and get right in her face.

"Emma, you need to listen to me. There is no question as to whether or not I want you. I want you so bad it hurts. And I'm not just talking about physically wanting you. I want all of you. I want your body, your heart, your love, your respect, your future. I want everything and anything that you're willing to give me. But, honey, I need to be the best man I can be for you and I'm not there yet. I'm working on it. I don't ever want to hurt you like I did in the past and in order for me to feel confident that I won't do that I need to heal myself first." I wipe away the tears running down her face. "I love you. I am in love with you and I want a future with you. Please, just bare with me."

"I'm trying. I'm sorry. I'm a mess right now and I'm taking it out on you and that's not fair after everything you've done for me. I was just standing here thinking about how much I want my mom. And I got angry that she's not here anymore. Then when you turned me down I lashed out even though I know you're doing it because it's what's best for me." She closes her eyes. "I really am sorry."

"Hey, look at me. Honey, you have nothing to apologize for. I can take whatever you throw my way." I kiss her forehead. "Lets get some food in you." I grab her crutches and help her back into bed. Once she's settled I put the tray of food on her lap and join her on the bed. We eat breakfast and watch some TV. She starts to get tired again and once she falls asleep I go make some phone calls and answer some emails. There's a knock at the door early in the afternoon. I'm still only in my pants but I dont want to wake her so I say screw it and head to answer it anyway.

It's Millie, Kate and Lily.

"Hey stud." Says Kate.

I roll my eyes and close the door behind them. They're all carrying bags of stuff with them so I grab some to help.

Lily heads to the kitchen and we all follow. "We brought food and things we thought she would need. How is she?"

"Shes sleeping. She's pretty beaten up and she was in pain when she woke up but she took her medicine and ate. Once the pills kicked in she got tired again. She's been out for about an hour and half."

As Millie starts to prepare some of the food they brought she asks, "How is she mentally. That poor girl buried her mother and got into a serious car wreck all in the same day. I can't even imagine."

"She's doing better now. She picked a fight with me earlier and had a good cry. I think it's what she needed."

Lily comes over and pats my arm. "Thanks for taking care of our girl for us. We're going to make some lunch and then hang out with her. So if you need to go we can take over."

"I'm going to wait until she wakes up before I leave. So if you need any help with lunch I'm more than happy to help."

Millie smiles. "A gorgeous shirtless man in the kitchen. Yes please."

The other women laugh. And then they laugh harder when they see me blush. I hope Emma wakes up soon because I really need my damn shirt.