Happily Ever After...

"Are my slippers in the bag? And what about my toothbrush?" Emma's yelling at me from the couch. "What about her blanket? The little one with the elephants on it?"

I go over and crouch down in front of her. "Honey, I have everything. I've checked the bag multiple times and so have you. I promise we're good to go." I lean forward and give her a kiss. "Now, are you ready to go meet our daughter?"

She starts to cry. She's been doing that a lot these past nine months.

"Our daughter. I can't believe we're having a daughter." I just smile at her and stand up. I reach out my hand so I can help her up. She has always been a truly gorgeous woman but pregnant she is absolutely breathtaking.

Emma stopped using birth control before the wedding because we wanted to start trying to get pregnant right away and everyone said it could take awhile since she had been on the pill for so long.

Well it didn't take long. She apparently was pregnant on our wedding day. We spent two weeks in Greece for our honeymoon and about a week in she starting getting sick. We quickly realized it was morning sickness.

So here we are about to welcome our daughter into the world right before Christmas. Noah and Kate had their little boy, Wyatt, a little over a month ago and they're getting married on New Years Eve.

Emma's water broke early this morning and when we get to the hospital we find out things are progressing quickly. Eight hours later I'm holding my baby girl in my arms. Tears are running down my face and my heart aches. It aches for Eli and it aches because my little girl will never get to know her big brother. But it also aches because it's so filled with love. Love for this beautiful baby girl and for my amazing wife.

Emma is watching me with tears of her own in her eyes.

"You doing okay dad?"

I smile at her. I've missed being called dad. "I'm perfect. How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay. Whatever pain I feel is definitely worth it to see you with our daughter in your arms."

I lean over the bed and kiss her. She continues to amaze me.

"You ready for the troops to come storming in?"

"As much as I would love to stay in this little bubble of just the three of us I know they must be going crazy. So go ahead and let them in."

I hand the baby back to Emma and go get our family and friends.

Once everyone's in the room Emma introduces them to our daughter.

"Everyone, we would like you to meet, Amelia Eliza Baker."

I look over and see Emma's dad smile. He walks up to Emma and kisses her on the head and then he places a finger on the babies cheek. He chokes out the words.

"Hello my sweet Amelia."

The holidays come around and they're filled with joy, laughter and love. Abigail makes it into town like she promised and takes some incredibly sweet pictures of Amelia. There's one that is front in center at our house right next to the one I love of Eli. In Amelia's picture she has her arms around Mr Flopsy, Eli's raggedy old bunny.

 In Amelia's picture she has her arms around Mr Flopsy, Eli's raggedy old bunny

Amelia and Mr Flopsy

Author's note: If you haven't already, check out my first book called Only You. It's the story of Lily and Oliver. I'm also working on Andrew's story in my third book called Follow You. Thank you for reading!