The Other Half

It was nearly evening when Jungkook woke up. He was woken up by sea birds quaking outside of the balcony of his room. When did he come back to his own room? Didn't he kind of destroy his room the previous night? He stopped questioning, it was probably the Prince who got his room fixed by the servants.

He was surprised to feel his body relaxed and not aching. As he remembered the events of last night again, he blamed it on his hormonal changes because of being half vampire now. He completely refused to have actively responded to the advances of the Prince. As soon as he thought about the prince, his mood got spoiled. If he has been brought here to rest and relax, he shouldn't be thinking about his nightmares, right? In between his train of thoughts, he noticed a strong smell. He felt his head spinning, he could smell the sweet cinnamon and chocolate scent. He somehow recognised this smell. He smelled it before, from the Prince... The smell was getting stronger and stronger, his breathing became heavy and quicker. He felt his body going weak and there was burning desire of wanting that smell. He covered his nose while sitting on the bed, trying to stop whatever that smell was making him feel.

From his hazy eyes he saw the Prince entering his room with a tray of food. The prince placed it aside and rushed to a hyperventilating Jungkook. "T-the smell..." Jungkook tried to push away the prince with his free hand to keep some distance between them. The smell was bothering him now. "You mean my scent? Can you smell it?" The prince asked with a hint of amusement, this irritated Jungkook to the core. "It's disgusting. G-go away." He retorted back to the prince. At this point it was getting hard to resist smelling that scent. "It looks the opposite." The prince smirked as he saw how Jungkook's hazy eyes lingered on his neck and he licked his lips unintentionally while hugging himself like a cocoon and trying to block the smell to restrict himself.

"It's okay" the prince said and embraced Jungkook, bringing his mouth closer to his own neck. Jungkook resisted but his body didn't listen to him. He felt his own vampire teeth coming out and him biting in the neck of the prince. He felt feverishly hot as he drank the cold blood of the prince. As he couldn't take it anymore, he stopped biting and lay lifelessly in the embrace of the prince. He was still having difficulty breathing, the prince held him and helped his body relax, he placed a kiss on Jungkook's forehead and rubbed his chest to hopefully relieve the tightness Jungkook felt. Eventually when Jungkook calmed down, the prince placed him on the bed properly and placed the food tray in front of him saying, "You can't just survive on blood yet, you'll need to be fed regular human food. Here let me-" the prince tried to feed Jungkook but he turned his head away. Clearly indicating that he despised anything and everything that came from the prince. "Enjoy your food then, I'll come back later to take the utensils away." Jungkook released the breath he didn't know he was holding when he saw the prince closing the door behind him. Whatever hell happened, right now Jungkook needs to feed his growling stomach that was begging for some food.

Two weeks passed by, the prince assisted Jungkook in regulating his everyday life. His timely intake of food and his sudden outbreak of imbalanced needs, the prince was there by his side. There was no communication between them, it was something like a silent agreement of mutual understanding and acceptance of the situation. There were no advances made by the prince in previous weeks, he only assisted Jungkook in his hormonal needs once and then left him to rest. Jungkook hates to admit, even without any emotional attachment, his body craved for the touch of the prince. Today on an exceptional full moon night, he experienced an abnormal thirst for blood, the prince happily provided the needs, as he was lying on the bed and Jungkook was on top of him, getting his share of feed on blood. He felt Jungkook rubbing his lower body on himself, trying to get some friction between their pride area. To think that Jungkook took the initiative was unbelievable. The prince was feeling esthetic but he could not lose the control. It took all of him to stop himself as he tried to pray Jungkook off himself and turned their positions. Now Jungkook was lying on the bed with blood dripping down his mouth. The prince held both of Jungkook's hands to his sides and looked directly into his hazy eyes. Those dark brown deer eyes turned blue. A sign of a human becoming a vampire mate. So it was this, just when Seokjin thought that being nice would change the end they might have but no, Jungkook was still under the effects of hormones and instincts. In this lifetime, it looks like he will die single, even after being married. He wanted to have a face to face direct conversation with Jungkook, Asking for a chance to see him in a good light, but Jungkook hates him to the core for not even initiating a common ground of bond where they respect each other's presence, but here, Jungkook shoots him an indifferent- dead look of pure disgust and hate. He himself is a living being, too. He surely deserves to be treated respectfully as everyone expects.

So he decided to take decisions of their messed up relationship on his own. He loves Jungkook with all his heart and soul. At first it might have only been a case of attraction, but as their fates entangled together, he fell in love with Jungkook's personality and soul, not just the body, but  as cruel as his life is, he ended up being hated by Jungkook, just because of his inability of expressing his emotions. He can learn how to do that if his life partner assist him in doing so. But here, Jungkook refuses to even talk then how in the world they were supposed to bond as 'the other half' of their life. For a marriage to be happy and successful, not only bodily relations but emotional bonding and active conversation are also important, it was something that this destined lovers were lacking.

Seeing no happy future of his messed up relationship with Jungkook and he himself being the reason for the misery of the person he loved, he decided to free Jungkook from his miseries. He can live with a broken heart but can't chase a Mirage that is illusion of something he longed for. He reached his limits of endurance. He won't be able to live peacefully, seeing those eyes of Jungkook, full of hatred for himself. Being a prince and future king, he knew everything that there is to know about the vampires. The king and the queen made sure to let the people involved in their secret, know all that there is to know about the vampires. He knows a method from which one can break the bond between the vampire and his human mate.

The process is very painful for the vampire because he/she would have to live with half a heart, with a reduced pace of self healing. Being a crown prince, this can be the biggest disadvantage for Seokjin. Not being able to heal fast and having half a heart, any fatal injury can be threatening for his life as a king of his Redwood Kingdom. His family might be unhappy about his decision, but he was not a crown prince just because he was a strong vampire, he was also a strong warrior, even without his vampire abilities, he would be able to tackle a whole army of enemies, but having weakness of the secret identity and situation, the political and social status might endanger his Kingdom that his family worked so hard to build and nourish. He just wanted to have a happy life with his family and people he cared for, but his inability to express himself, brought him here today to choose his own life or the happiness of his love. He already sacrificed his life as an individual and lived a life that his kingdom and family requires. Sacrificing for lis love's happiness would be nothing hard for him. As hard he tried to open up to his love interest and failed, now, maybe he would never be able to open up to anyone. He might be more cold and emotionless than ever, but he can live with that, since he would be able to grant the happiness that his love deserves, that is being away from him.

And he chooses the perfect day to do so, it was their first wedding anniversary in five months. Five months will be enough for him to forge the weapon to proceed with the method of breaking the bond.
--------------------------------------------