Back to square one

Jungkook woke up, not expecting to see himself back in the castle. But this time he was not in their room. He was in one of the guest rooms. He got ready for the day and was informed that the prince brought him back in an unconscious state and hadn't given any information about what they were doing out of the castle late at night. Jungkook also chose to stay silent and dismiss the conversation. He noticed that his body was feeling weak. He still pushed through and went to the dinning room, hoping to see the prince.

As if the big surprise was still remaining, it was pin drop silence at the dining table. The king, the queen and the prince Namjoon were staring confusingly between the crown prince and Jungkook, trying to make any sense of the heavy air in the atmosphere. The prince was minding his own business, feeling someone's stare but ignoring it. Jungkook was trying to look into the prince's eyes, trying to find any explanation of whatever happened the previous night. He couldn't believe that The Mr.ice prince would do something like that for him. He remembered the words from that letter, love, memories from their university days, he blushed as he remembered those days. His train of thoughts was stopped by the unexpected question from the prince, which also surprised the family.

"Prince Jungkook, when are you planning to leave?"

"Leave... Where?" Jungkook asked still in the daze of confusion.

"Back to your kingdom. Until when you will be staying here as a guest? I can't even remember when you first arrived here to accompany us." The prince replied.

"I..." Jungkook was hesitant, not sure how to answer the question.

"Son, what are you implying?" The king asked.

"He has no relation to us other than friendship from our university days. He has his own kingdom and duties to keep. What could be the reason for him to run away from his responsibilities and stay here with us for long enough? He needs to go and..." the crown prince was interrupted by a guard for a matter that required his immediate attention. He excused himself, leaving his family still in confusion.

"Did he hit his own head or something?" Prince Namjoon thought out loud.

The queen saw how emotional Jungkook was getting so, she slowly asked and encouraged him to share what's going on, so if possible they can help. Jungkook broke down, he kneeled in front of the king and the queen and cried himself out.

"I am sorry for mistaking him. I am sorry for being stubborn. I am sorry for hating him when he was loving me. I am sorry for everything. I never meant for this to happen. S-sorry, I am sorry."

The queen went beside the crying Jungkook to calm him down so they could get any explanation. Prince Namjoon and the king were getting more confused, the king only asked, "Explain." To stop himself from reacting irrationally. He got some sixth sense of something going really wrong. He was sharing the worried expression with his queen.

"He... The prince... T-this marriage took place without my consent. I never responded to any a-adva-ances he made in o-our relationship. I was unaware of the mating process taking place. I h-hated him for ruining my life. He-he did the r-ritual or something like that to break the bond to set me free from this un-wanted marriage." Jungkook explained, not having the strength to look into the eyes of his in-laws, he bent over to the ground and cried harder.

The king forcefully lifted Jungkook off the ground by his shoulders. "Why would he do that. He was happy to marry you. Wasn't your marriage going happily, WHY?" He was shaking with anger. That method that the prince Jungkook mentioned was extremely dangerous. He was worried about his eldest son who was soon to take over their kingdom. His health was critical for the safety of their kingdom. The queen wanted to calm the king down, but she herself was shocked, to think that his Seokjin will go this far in the name of love was something she didn't expect. She only knew one person that would go to that extreme was her husband, the king himself, who embraced the human world and stayed with her.