Coming Back to You

Seokjin woke up, with hazy eyes and mind, he looked around, he realised he is not in his own room at the castle but in a cave or something. He felt some weight over his chest, he tried to sit up, finding another person laying on himself. ("Who is this man?") He thought hard, trying to find a reasonable cause of him being alone with a stranger. He looked around and found a knife with some blood on it. He found his clothes around his chest tainted with blood, indicating that he had been stabbed into his heart. He saw that the stranger laying on himself also had his hands tainted with blood. He put two and two together, coming to the conclusion that the stranger tried to kill him. He threw the stranger off himself and on the ground in a blink, ready to kill his killer. However, he stopped, the face of the stranger was all too familiar. He was unable to name the stranger because he couldn't recognise him. He checked if that stranger was still alive, he figured that his attempt failed and they both passed out. The stranger was alive, his pulse was weak but it was there. He decided to take the stranger back to his castle as a prisoner to attempt a Parricide (combines Latin roots parus, "relative" and cida, "killer." Attempt of murdering a royal family member directly connected to the throne).

He picked up the stranger in a bridal style. Even though the stranger attempted to kill him, his face didn't fit well with his intentions. He looked like an innocent civilian caught in dark royal fluid. Anyhow, he was unable to find any reason to mistreat the stranger, otherwise he would have dragged him on the ground, all the way back to the castle. He found two horses outside the cave, both belonging to his residence of the castle. So the stranger does have a relation to him, maybe as a friend or a relative, that's the only reason he could have to attempt parricide. He brought back the two horses and the unconscious stranger to his castle. He was surprised when the servants addressed the stranger as Prince Jungkook. He took the said prince Jungkook to a guest room and asked the royal physician to treat the prince. The physician immediately understood by examining the prince that the crown prince had attempted the ritual of breaking the bond. But knowing the nature of the prince, he knew better than to address the matter, so he simply concluded that the prince had been really exhausted by the activity of the night hunt that both of the Prince went on. Seokjin nodded, putting the pieces of information he received together. He understood that the prince Jungkook had come to their kingdom as a friend with the intention of stabbing him in his back. But whatever reason he came up with, he couldn't seem to be able to hate the prince. He looked for reasonable cause to justify the prince Jungkook's actions. He couldn't understand the pull of emotions he felt towards the stranger he didn't recognise or remember. He didn't want to have any bad relations with the prince Jungkook. If anything, he would like to keep the prince to himself and away from the world. He cringed at his own thoughts. He is the crown prince, the future king, he should be thinking of having a queen, not wasting his time, admiring a prince.

He decided that he would forget whatever happened the previous night and ask prince Jungkook to go back to his kingdom nicely, so that they can avoid any possibility of having conflicts. It didn't go unnoticed by him, how his family and the prince reacted to his suggestion of sending the prince back. He was curious about the relation that he had with the prince, so he did a background check on the prince secretly.

He was shocked to find out what he did. He found out that the prince and him were once colleagues in their internship era. And then they got married for social and political benefits of both their kingdoms. Much to his surprise, it looked like him and his kingdom forced this marriage on the prince Jungkook and his kingdom. From his sources he found out that in public eyes they were a sweet power couple, but in private, his behaviour indicated that he mistreated the prince Jungkook in their one year of the marriage. Now he understood, this is a pretty good reason to attempt a parricide. He was confused and shocked by finding out about his own behaviour. He was a loving and caring person to his family. Even though, his duty requires him to be strictly indifferent when it comes to political and social relations. Over the years, he was unable to express himself in front of the world. His family just gets him even without trying, they knew the situation he was in and they understood his behaviour, accepting how he was. He knew he had this identity of mr. Ice Prince, making it impossible for people to approach him with selfish intentions or even friendly relations. The wall he built around himself, helped him to protect and save himself from fake people. But he didn't understand the behaviour he had towards the prince in the past. Was he disgusted? Did he hate the prince? Then why on earth did he agree to marry him? It's not like they would not be able to force relations with the Jeon Dynasty in other ways, like trade or collaborative activities that they have with the Kim Dynasty. He also came across the news of them being the first homosexual-married-royal-couple that the world welcomed, accepted and celebrated. This only added to his confusion. He is a crown prince, who in future will need to expand his family to remain dominant of the throne. He cannot get involved with a prince, He is a vampire which is a secret, he needed to produce his own bloodline to retain his family. He would need a female partner, a princess to accompany him as a queen not a prince.