The Calm before the Storm

It's weird. It's absurdly weird. It's been a week after the couple returned from their supposed honeymoon, The behaviour of the crown prince drastically changed. He became more cold and indifferent to any approach. Even his family is afraid to approach him, fearing an accidental burst of anger. Namjoon accepted his fate and worked under Seokjin's suddenly super strict observations, rather than picking any sibling bickering and setting off a switch in his elder brother. The king was surprised by this change, he thought maybe spending time with Jungkook, his son might become a little less intimidating and more friendly. But he was wrong, the total opposite is the result. He encouraged his wife to approach their son but apparently, Seokjin has been avoiding his mother, the queen for some reason. The queen slowly approached Jungkook instead and asked for a tea talk. They all saw that the crown prince avoided almost everyone in the castle and only interacted if necessary.

The queen saw that Jungkook was visibly feeling down, he looked like a kicked puppy and looking around with his Bambi eyes to make any sense out of the strange situation that is going around in the castle. She noticed Jungkook's eyes shimmering ocean blue whenever Seokjin was mentioned. Jungkook shared everything that happened while they were on honeymoon, with the queen. Addressing steamy moments as intimate bonding. He thought now that he was doing as he was told and being cooperative. He didn't understand the change of behaviour of the Prince. Sure he hates him, but he's not the one calling shots here, the prince is. And he looks like he was annoyed for no good reason, ghosting him like that. The prince is not there in their shared bedroom when he is awake, when he wakes up, he feels that the other side has been equipped by someone but there is no one, he once tried to stay awake the whole night to wait for the crown prince to come. He waited till dawn but the prince didn't come. It was like the prince was avoiding him. The one who was buzzing around him, like an annoying bee, suddenly deserted him from the attention he was receiving. He never felt this lonely after he became a part of this royal family. The servants tried to cheer him up, but he became more and more blue, thinking that his kingdom and family is in danger because he misbehaved and rejected the approaches made by the crown prince. He was likely counting his last days and waiting for his death.

One day, unexpectedly, Kim Taehyung, the Prince of Kim Dynasty, Park Jimin, the Prince of Sonrisa Kingdom, Jung Hoseok, the Prince of Aiyesal Dynasty, Min Yoongi, the Prince of Joseon Dynasty came to the castle. It was said that the crown prince invited them to build up good political and social relations for the future purposes. Jungkook only got to know about this when a servant informed that princes of the Kim Dynasty, Sonrisa Kingdom and Aiyesal Dynasty were asking for his audience. He got surprised and promptly asked to let them in his room and excused all the servants for some privacy. He saw all three of his dearest friends in the whole world, entering his room, closing the door behind them. He ran up to them immediately and cried himself out like a baby, seeking comfort in a very distressed situation. The older three hyungs of his were partly expecting this response from the younger, so they just let him be and comfort him, they stayed by his side until he was feeling alright to have a talk. Jungkook poured his heart out in front of his hyungs. He of course, left the part of the crown prince's identity and secret. He shared how the prince forced himself on him and threatened his kingdom and family's safety if he refused. By this new found information of 'Mr. Ice Prince is a total j*rk', they were enraged. They decided to altogether refuse the future relations and declare war against the Redwood Kingdom, for mistreatment of their best friend. They were almost planning and agreeing upon who will take the lead for killing the crown prince, but Jungkook stopped them from doing so. He reasoned with them, coaxing them that there is nothing that they can do now, his kingdom and family is safe and that's all he wants. The family fluid of royals must be taken care of behind the closed doors, declaration of war might affect the common people more than the royals and he wouldn't want that at any cost. He didn't want to be the reason for the war between nations and the misery of millions of humans who survive the war that has nothing to do with them. He assured his hyungs that him and the prince have agreed upon respecting each other's space after they spent the honeymoon together. The word 'honeymoon' ignited yet another enraging situation, where Jungkook had to give his health issues as the reason for the trip. It was partially true, honeymoon was something that town people labelled their trip as and the news spreads faster than the wind. It was yet again to talk of the royal gossip about the first homosexual-married-royal-couple.