XLI- I cannot handle it if you leave me

Please vote & comment & follow me

I leaned back in my seat and tried to hide how pale I got. I don't know if I should laugh till my stomach hurts or just open the door and jump out of the car right now. I crossed my arms and cleared my throat before narrowing my eyes.

Why am I not disturbed about this whole situation?

"He was a bad guy, Cassia. We don't touch good people." Luca explained himself and I bit my bottom lip to keep myself from smiling.

The whole persona finally rubbed on me, I'm crazy.

"Okay. Where are we going then?" I asked and he looked at me for a second with his breath coming out as deep and sharp. I inhaled deeply as he watched me and he had to turn away since he was still driving the car.

"You... What?" he stumbled and narrowed his eyes at the road. I bet he was expecting such a dramatic reaction of me throwing a huge tantrum and threatening him to take me back to the house. But I don't care about anything anymore.

I love anything that gives me the thrill and I'll live by that as long as Luca's mine.

He'll always be my Luca.

"If you say he's a bad guy then I believe you. I saw my father get his hands dirty many times which had had nothing to do with kidnapping or possibly murder but I'm used to wicked. I love you." I added the last sentence to let him know I'm not going anywhere or losing my shit.

The next second my breath got knocked out of my lungs when his lips curved into an evil smile which explained everything that's on his mind at the moment.

Now I realize why he never told me anything.

He thought I'd leave him and everything behind which is probably also why Lucian was speaking to me that way.

'What if I hurt him?'

'You think I'd let you?'

It all makes so much sense now and I don't think he didn't tell me everything because he didn't trust me. He was just scared that I would go off to people and try running away. I jumped when I felt a heavy hand rest on my thigh and grab my hand.

"I'll tell you everything you want to know, Floare. I just... I cannot handle it if you leave me. That's why I don't want you alone with Lucian because once you know everything about my world then you'll become family. Lucian will never let you leave and my parents will agree with him. That's what I'm so afraid of." I blinked slowly as I analyzed his words. Lucian wouldn't let me leave.

If you're a family member of Lucian, I think, he'll protect you no matter what. Putting you first about everything but if it's anyone else... He'll manipulate, hurt you till you have nothing left and he's satisfied with the damage he caused. That's what Luca was afraid of. Me trying to leave because he knew Lucian wouldn't let me go alive.

He wanted the keep the secrets so he could protect me from his world because he had no idea how I could react.

"I love you more." He squeezed my hand slightly and I blinked before biting my bottom lip. "Let's just drop the guy off and go home first." He meant that as in I'll tell you everything once we settle down.

I nodded at him and stared at the road ahead of us.

A part of me was saying that Luca wouldn't let Lucian hurt me even though I chose to run away. That's why Lucian was so negative about everything. It all made sense now and comforted me.

I widened my eyes when Luca stopped the car at a random house. The house didn't look scary at all like how I imagined. How could they keep people here? It just looked so... Family-friendly if you know what I mean.

My eyes widened, even more, when the familiar girl slammed the door behind her after getting out in a hurry. She wore her jacket really aggressively like she wasn't in a good mood before glancing at the car, finally. She narrowed her eyes when they met my widened ones and her face broke into a large smile a moment later.

She waved her hand excitedly before throwing the back door open and getting in. "Lucian is going to kick your ass." She gave Luca a small hug before pushing his head forward and then looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Could you not find the guy? Why is she here?" Alexandra asked and turned to look at Luca again who started the car once more.

"She knows what I did." He explained to her and licked his lips before speaking again. "I still haven't told her everything. Floare, Ila will grab the car once I drive back to the house and we'll talk there." I nodded in confusion. Ila? Oh yeah, that's Alexandra's nickname for her other name which I can't remember at the moment.

"Why won't she just come along with us? It's not like you can hide the place any longer. Show Lucian that she's not going anywhere and you'll save yourself from speaking as she figures out everything." Alexandra shrugged and I bit my lip at the tension in the car.

"Absolutely not, Ila. Don't even argue." Luca shrugged it off and I saw Alexandra roll her eyes at the backseat. I think what she said made sense. It physically hurts me to say this but I think they're talking about an underground warehouse and I might lose my shit the moment I step in there unless I'm holding onto Luca.

"What do you think?" Alexandra poked her head between our seats and I didn't look away from the road like Luca. I think I'll be okay. I've already prepared myself for the worse and I know Luca won't let anything happen to me.

"I want to go today," I said as I let go of Luca's hand to cross my arms. His hand fell on my thigh and squeezed it slightly before he pulled away. It felt cold now that he stopped touching me. I could tell he was hesitant about it but it hurt me that he was so afraid of me leaving.

I couldn't say anything reassuring to him because Alexandra was in the backseat. Now he's going to decide on his own and I'll have to wait if he's not sure. "Alright then. I'm driving to the warehouse our family owns." Luca said and sighed before gripping on the steering wheel.

It hurt that he doubts me this much.

I realized that it got too quiet and just decided to turn on the radio a little before my eyes turned to the road again. What's the worst that could happen at their warehouse? It must be really safe.

'The warehouse our family owns'

That's why he laughed when I asked him if his parents are cops or something. That's also why he's so good at fighting and muscular. I just thought he joined street fighting from time to time and maybe boxing too. I kind of wish what I thought was true because I'm so afraid of losing Luca. I don't care what happens to me as long as I have him by my side.

My eyes widened when I didn't recognize the road anymore at all and Luca pulled up next to a big building. I could see the visible stress on his face which was also rubbing on me. I don't know what happened in their family before me but it was making me sad how they all watched my every move.

Luca gave the keys to a guy before grabbing my hand and walked me inside with Alexandra following behind. There was a scan area which Luca made us go past and threw his arm around my shoulder.

This place wasn't like how I expected it to be like at all. I expected screaming or just the basics of a horror movie but none of it approached me. Just some fighting noises and a yelling noise of a trainer.

"What the fuck is she doing here?"

***

It's gonna end soon 😕