Epilogue

Please vote & comment & follow me

Luca's POV

"She's not dead. Yet." That was what Lucian told me back at the warehouse and I didn't have high hopes.

My family was expecting me to break any second but they didn't seem to realize that nothing was left in me to break.

I didn't leave the hospital for weeks and there wasn't a high chance for her to wake up. The damage was too much for her body to handle. I know she can hear me.

But what do I tell her?

Can I look at the woman I love and explain how I couldn't do one thing she asked me?

I couldn't save her.

I was never the one to be romantic

I never looked for romance or a lover that would pull me out of my hell

I wanted a lover that could burn in my flames and own them. I wanted them to control my hell and nurture me through it all.

But then I met her.

Standing there watching me with terror swimming on her expression.

There she stood like a small flower. So fragile yet so fierce-looking and as I got to be around her more, I didn't want her to burn in my flames. I didn't want to see her in pain because she was so beautifully otherworldly.

I wanted my flames to burn everyone that stood against her. Burn everyone who attempted to hurt her.

Not once in my life have I felt for one. But she made me feel like I'm a hero. She knew I was the worst but that didn't stop her from pulling me close. I knew from the first time her lips touched mine she'd never want to let me go. I know because I felt the same.

But I wasn't anticipating to grow some kind of raging possession over her.

Not a lot that it gets abusive but enough to always keep her safe and happy.

In my family, being strong was the only thing that was expected from us. My brothers were both better than me at everything, although I knew I was nowhere close to being bad. But she made me feel so strong. She made me feel like the man I was raised to be.

I never felt like I was good enough although nobody made me feel like I wasn't. Just watching Lucian dominate and be better at everything made me involuntarily insecure.

He was praised for it and I was lonely.

She looks up at me with adoration every time I stare down at her and how will I live if I never saw her again? If I never spoke to her and if she never looked up at me like that again?

I didn't realize that I was slowly changing my life as I made her live. Now everything means nothing when I don't get to see those eyes.

My parents were both very independent and strong which pulled them to each other and I thought I'd never find a woman like my mother till I met her.

Because then I realized that I don't want an independent woman who would challenge me, I don't need that. I want her because I want someone to protect and keep to myself.

And now I'm letting her go.

I'm not letting her go because I want to protect her. But then again, I'm the one who always brings trouble to her. First, it was her family, but I got rid of them.

She would be so much better than me. She's a free spirit just like me and I know she'll be okay.

She doesn't need me anymore.