XLII- Trouble

Please vote & comment & follow me

"What is she doing here, Frate?" I watched as Lucian walked closer to the ropes of the rink and held them as he watched my every move. I took a deep breath before looking down at the ground.

I trust Luca with my life completely but that doesn't mean it applies to his family at all.

I crossed my arms before Luca hugged me close to his side and sighed. "She's here for an intern. Fucking idiot, she's a part of us now, of course she's here." Luca said as Lucian just watched me carefully. I could feel the anger he was radiating but I don't think it was towards any of us here.

"He's not angry at you." Luca explained to me, his lips close to my ear and I nodded hurriedly. I already figured it out since Lucian was watching the ground in deep thought. He didn't look like he was just mad at someone, he actually looked like he was furious and there's only one way to get his mind off of this.

"Also, why would I ever fucking ask you to decide what I'm doing?" Luca said loudly as he let go of me and walked over to Lucian. I took a deep breath and watched him with narrowed eyes.

Why is he provoking him?

He knows Lucian is mad, he's basically putting salt into his wounds and he's doing it on purpose. I felt Alexandra come next to me and just bit my lip as I watched Luca climb up the rink. I saw Lucian push him back from the shoulders and widened my eyes.

The next second Luca landed a full blow punch across Lucian's face and I jumped in my place. I was just about to hyperventilate till I felt someone's presence next to me. "They do this like once a week, at least. You look really stressed." Alexandra laughed at my reaction as I looked at her and nodded.

"So, I guess you're meeting everyone today." She said as she made me walk away from the rink, where Luca and Lucian had been fighting still. I narrowed my eyes as I stared at her since I didn't understand the meaning behind her words.

She didn't drop the teasing smile off her lips as she got the both of us coffee. I was still stressing about what she said.

"Well, my grandparents are here today. So is my uncle and basically the whole fam since there's this guy causing trouble. No biggie." She explained and I clutched my shirt in my hand. Why didn't Luca warn me? I actually don't think he knew about it. More of his family means I need to meet terrifying people and they're usually really nice but it's still scary.

Also, they must have some really strong connections and be a really big threat to others by living that long as they worked here.

"He really loves you." Alexandra watched my face carefully as she explained, watching my every reaction. I bit my bottom lip and inhaled deeply before staring back at her. A small smile tugged on the corner of my lips as I thought of what she said.

"I know he does." I love him more. I explained before holding onto the jacket I had on which is Luca's. Luca wouldn't save me constantly if he didn't love me. He wouldn't even care, I see how he is with others besides his family.

"Well then. You better not fucking hurt my brother." Alexandra mumbled to herself as she grabbed a water bottle and I could see the rage on her face as she thought of old memories. It put a pout to my face because I didn't know why.

Why does everyone keep telling me I'll hurt Luca?

I would never leave him but they don't want to acknowledge it for some reason. Something in the past happened to this family that brought everyone's guards up. I'm not quite sure if I want to find it out but I know that I'll never ask about it. It's none of my business but I'll let Luca know I'm not going anywhere.

"Ladies," A tall dirty blonde haired, muscular guy made his way over to us and I took a step closer to Alexandra for some sort of protection.

I know nothing about here and I definitely don't trust these people.

"She's... New?" He asked as his blue eyes wandered on me. It almost made me uncomfortable but it just looked like he was contemplating about why I'd be here. I'm unfortunately fragile and everyone here could kill with a look.

"I guess you could say that." I replied making Alexandra raise her eyebrows and stare at me. What? I am new here. It's really starting to annoy me how they expect me to run away any second.

"Well, I'm Calvin. If you don't mind me asking, why the fuck is she here?" Calvin turned to look at Alexandra who was watching him with a bored expression. She smiled a second later and put down the bottle in her hand.

"Cassia is family now. Go easy on her, it's her first day." He raised one of his eyebrows as he watched me surprised and took a step back.

"Calvin go wipe the fucking rink." I heard the voice that gave me constant butterflies and looked up to the side to see the beat up Luca. His cheek was bleeding because of a knife scar and I tried my best to focus on my breathing.

I didn't want him to think I was scared of him or his family but I wouldn't blame him if he thought I would be. I grew up with violence which used to scare me because it scarred me but I know Luca wouldn't hurt me.

He doesn't need to say it.

I watched as Alexandra annoyedly wiped his face and helped cleaning him up. I raised my eyebrows when he smiled at me. I returned it excitedly and walked over to his side as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Who's Calvin?" I asked as he breathed heavily. He rolled his eyes at the mentioning of him then bit his lip. He seemed to be friends with him and I wanted to get to know his friends now that I started a new life with him.

"He's my friend. More like a brother though even though I wish I could actually murder him sometimes." He explained and I nodded understandingly.

"You took him downstairs?" Lucian walked inside as well as he was drying his hands with a towel. Luca nodded at him to avoid getting into detail. I don't even want to know what's downstairs but I'm curious.

"Well then, go do the talk. I'm going to the meeting place. What's she going to do?" He asked as he nodded his head at me. I bit my bottom lip before leaning onto Luca more and heard him inhale before leaning up from the cabinet.

"Alexandra's here the whole day, she can be with her as I'm downstairs. I wasn't even supposed to be here today, Cassia said she wanted to see the place." Luca responded and I watched as Lucian's expression darkened.

He was more angry than surprised.

"She asked to be here after you kidnapped someone?" He said mockingly and let out a bitter smile. Luca had his eyes narrowed as he nodded at Lucian which made me uncomfortable. It's almost as if he didn't want Lucian knowing about us. Maybe he would be jealous?

Or he just didn't want Luca to love someone else besides his family.