•1•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 1 ~ Tʜɪs Gᴜɪʟᴛʏ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

It is nighttime, bodies and bodies are laying on the deck. Alisha and Jace walk past them. She grimaces at all of them feeling guilty. For the past few weeks, Alisha has been experimented on, beaten, tricked and almost killed. She has black veins on her arms and on her face. The girl has scars that won't heal with a stele or werewolf healing. Jace kneels down by a girl whilst Alisha runs her hand over her bare arms.

"Jace! Alisha!" Someone shouts from behind them. Alisha turns swiftly and cowers slightly, expecting it to be a circle member.

"Clary? Clary." Jace sighs and they go towards each other. Alisha walks slowly behind Jace. They meet on the docks and Alisha immediately wraps her arms around Clary, so happy that she's here.

"How did you get here?" Jace asks once Alisha pulls away from the ginger shadowhunter.

"I portaled in. Come on, let's go. We don't have much time." Clary says looking around. Alisha smiles and begins to walk with Clary but Jace stops them.

"I can't." He says making the two frown.

"Jace, come on we can leave." Alisha states but Jace shakes his head.

"What?" Clary asks. A guard looks around.

"Look, we gotta get you out of here." Jace says to Clary and he steps closer to them.

"No, I'm not leaving without you." Clary says. The guard sees them and runs towards Clary, Alisha and Jace, shouting for another guard. Another one runs over and Alisha quickly attacks him. Alisha kicks the blade out of his hand and then kicks his face. He stumbles back and she takes this chance to steal his blade. The hybrid stabs him in the chest just as Valentine walks over. Jace grips Alishas arm and pulls her behind him and next to Clary.

"My dear Clarissa. You are tenacious, aren't you?" Valentine smirks. Jace protects Clary and Alisha by wielding the blade towards Valentine.

"Stay back." He states. Valentine grabs his own blade and starts fighting Jace. Jace pierces Valentine with his blade. He falls down. Alisha gasps, not believing it's this easy.

"I killed him." Jace states looking at Valentines body and then back to his blade.

"Jace, come on. Let's go." Clary shouts.

"Valentine! No! Get them!" A circle member screams and they run after the group.

"We have to go, now!" Clary shouts and they all start running and enter the ship. Inside, Valentine, still alive, attacks them. Jace looks shocked whilst Alisha is preoccupied with some guards trying to attack her and Clary.