•77•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 17 ~ A Dᴀʀᴋ Rғʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 17 ~ A Dᴀʀᴋ Rᴇғʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

★ ★ ★

Alisha, Clary and Jace enter the shop named 'Ouroboros' which they were told was Elliot Nourse's shop. When they walk in, they all notice the destruction of the shop. What catches the hybrid and red headed shadowhunter is Elliot lying still on the floor. He has blood over his face and his forehead glistens with sweat. The two rush over quickly whilst Jace stands further back, keeping watch.

"Oh, Elliot..." Clary sighs out. The two kneel by the now dead warlock whilst Jace looks around, and sees some black ichor on the floor.

"See these marks?" Jace says and the girls turn to see the black demon ichor on the ground around the shop. "A demon was here."Clary closes Elliot's eyes gently with her hand.

"He was tortured," Alisha turns to glare at her brother who just ignores her.

"But this isn't murder. He killed himself." Alisha adds, wanting to tell Clary about what happened.

"What? How can you tell?" Clary questions the hybrid.

"Well for one, my uncle is the Hugh warlock of Brooklyn." The hybrid begins. "The blood from his eyes. I've seen it before with one of the warlocks Valentine found and tortured. It's a warlock incantation. It's basically their version of a cyanide capsule." She nods at the blood on his face as she speaks.

"I'm sorry." Jace informs solemnly. Suddenly, the glass crunches from behind them. Jace turns around quickly, ready to attack whilst Clary and Alisha turns around swiftly only to see Sebastian walking inside. Jace lowers his blade.

"Hi." Sebastian says quietly but loud enough to be heard.

"Hey." Jace says as Clary and Alisha come over to the two blondes.

"Sebastian? What are you doing here?" Clary questions the shadowhunter whose examining the room.

"I, uh... I saw the alert at the Institute. Is everything under control?" Sebastian questions, looking at the two girls standing beside each other.

"We're still not 100% sure what happened." Sebastian turns to Jace. "There was a demon presence here, but something doesn't add up."

"Oh, my God." Clary says as she spots some dead flowers on the table. Alisha, Jace and Sebastian follow her gaze. "It's Jonathan." She states after seeing the dead flowers.