•44•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 9 ~ Bᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙʏ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

"Your mad at me, all three of you." Alisha says as she looks at her brothers and Luke sitting beside her on a table in Jade Wolf. They all stay silent. "You know, it would help if you would talk to me."

"How come you didn't tell us about the Soul-Sword?" Isaac asks. "It concerns us, it could kill us."

"I just found out about it a couple days ago. I didn't know what to do." Alisha says.

"We've seen each other long enough for you to tell us since you came back from that mission." Luke states.

"Like I said, I didn't know what to do." Alisha states. He rolls his eyes. "Look, I'm in danger too. If you didn't forget, I'm half werewolf, it can kill me too. I thought that I was protecting you."

"You don't need to protect me, I'm meant to protect you." It's Alishas turn to roll her eyes now. "I'm your dad, it's my job to protect you."

"Ok, I get it. I should've told you and I'm sorry." Alisha apologises with a small apologetic smile.

"Alright, but I'm still annoyed." Luke states and Alisha smiles.

Alisha stands beside Alec on the balcony of Magnus's apartment. She wraps her hand around his and rests her head on his shoulder. Magnus, as usual, is making a drink for the couple.

"How many Downworlders do you think live in New York?" Alec asks making Alisha sigh.

"I don't know, but they're not all your responsibility." Alisha states, taking her head off of his shoulder and looking into his eyes.

"But you are." Alec states making her smile.

"I'm only half downworlders, remember that." Alisha states but then adds. "Plus, that was awfully cheesy."

"I must be learning for you." He states making Alisha scoff and playfully hit his arm.

"I am not cheesy." She states.

"You are." He whispers. "But I love it." She blushes slightly. After a while of silence, Alisha remembers what she needed to talk to Alec about.

"Alec, after everything I've been through, nothing was as devastating as seeing you standing on that ledge." She says slowly. Alec sighs, knowing that this would come up at some point.