•46•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 9 ~ Bᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙʏ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

★ ★ ★

Down an alley, a woman is walking to Liberty Apartments when suddenly a vampire and a Seelie appear in front and behind her. She looks around startled.

"What do you want? What do you want!" She screams in hopes of someone hearing her. Fortunately, a man from a building close by comes out.

"Hey!" He shouts in attempt for the downworlders to leave. Suddenly, he is attacked from behind and pulled away. Jace hits the Seelie who lands on the ground unconscious. Then Jace points his blade at the vampire.

"Remember me?" Jace smirks making the vampire try to escape but Simon jumps him.

"Where do you come from?" He begins to punch the vampire. "Where's Valentine?" another punch. "Where's Valentine? Tell me! Tell me!" Alisha walks out in her wolf form, wondering what all the shouting was about. She stands by Jace's feet as the two watch Simon beat up the vampire. The Seelie then wakes up and approaches them, growling. Alisha steps forwards with a fierce growl. Before the seelie can attack, he is shot several times by Luke from behind. Jace turns around and sees the Seelie falling to the ground, with Alisha growling at it.

"Are you kidding me? I thought he was dead." Simon says to Jace.

"He definitely is now. Valentine must be experimenting again. I bet there's more where that came from." Luke states and throws a sympathetic look to Alisha, knowing she knows what that feels like.

"Which means..." Jace says and points his blade at the badly wounded vampire. "you're gonna tell us where he is, or you're gonna end up just like your friend." Alisha looks at Luke whose watching her closely. The white wolf paws the ground and looks behind her, obviously trying to communicate with her alpha. Luke raises an eyebrow, very confused as to what she's trying to do. The Lotova wolf rolls her eyes and howls loudly, causing pretty much everyone to jump. They turn just in time to watch the white wolf running away from them.

"Alisha!" Jace shouts. He goes to follow her, wanting the hybrid to be safe, but Luke holds him back. Two howls come from the distance and Luke immediately knows what she's doing.

"She's getting her brothers." He says and turns back to the vampire.

In an old warehouse, Jace, Simon, and Luke are walking silently through it. It is totally abandoned, nobody's in sight. Suddenly, three wolves emerge from the shadows. The biggest one leading the other two. Luke nods at the three Lotova's who nod back. Alisha goes and stands with Jace whilst her brothers stand by Luke.

"Okay, I know this is an abandoned building, but it's starting to seem extra-abandoned." Simon comments.

"Are we too late?" Jace asks concerned.

"No. Scent's still fresh. Someone's here. We gotta move fast." Luke states.

"Fan out. Cover as much ground as you can." Jace says and walks off with Alisha following close behind. The shadowhunter looks down at the wolf beside him and sighs. "If Valentine activates that sword, you realise your is immense danger?" Alisha huffs with a nod of her head. "But not just you. Simon, Luke, Jason, Isaac." Jace lists making Alisha growl slightly. "Ok, but if something happens, promise me you'll run. I can't loose you."

Clary is pulling on her chains keeping her locked to the floor when she hears footsteps approaching. The Fairchild looks up and sees Jace and a white wolf coming towards her.

"Jace!" She shouts making the blonde rush towards his sister.

"Clary! Where's Valentine?" Jace asks as he and Alisha stop before her. Alisha immediately attempts to release clary from the chains with her teeth, but it doesn't work. The wolf desperately pulls the chains away from Clary.

"I don't know. All the Circle members just left in a hurry." Clary comments.

"Okay. Don't move. Alisha." Jace says making the wolf step away once she sees the seraph blade in his hand. He cuts the chains loose with his blade letting Clary step back.

"Okay, we have to get out of here before-" She begins but suddenly, Valentine and Madzie walk towards them.

"Going someplace?" Valentine smirks. Jace quickly runs towards them but Madzie freezes him with her powers. Alisha, instantly wanting to protect Jace and Clary, runs forwards and tries to pounce on Valentine, but Madzie pushes her away with her powers making the wolf crash into a wall. She winces and whines in pain. "I didn't think so. She's strong for her age, isn't she?" Valentine states, glancing over at the wolf.

"Madzie. Hey, please..." Clary kneels down by the young warlock. "Please let Jace go."

"Now why would she do that, hmm?" Valentine asks. Ignoring the drumming in her skull, Alisha goes and stands beside Clary protectively.

"Because you wanna hurt people. People like Iris." Clary says. Madzie looks at the wolf beside Clary and watches as she bows her head, just like she did when they first met. A small smile ghosts her face but disappears when Valentine speaks.

"Don't forget..." he says, also kneeling down. "this is the mean person that got your nana in trouble in the first place." Madzie nods. "Now, if you wanna see Iris, you have to be a good little girl and do exactly what I say, okay?" Suddenly, Simon appears with his vamp speed behind Valentine and punches him in the face. Jace is unfrozen again. Alisha steps forwards but is pulled back by another wolf. She turns and sees her younger brother biting her tail and pulling her back. Jason stands beside him.

"Clary, run!" Simon shouts. Valentine punches back and holds Simon in front of him.

"Brave and stupid." He comments and then turns to Madzie. "Sweetheart, save your magic for what's to come. It's time to go." Madzie creates a Portal. Alisha barks desperately at Madzie, but the young warlock ignores the wolf. "I'll see you both soon." He looks at Alisha and Clary.

"Simon! Simon, no!" Clary shouts as she watches Valentine, still holding Simon, backs into the Portal and together with Madzie. It disappears making Clary gasp.

Together • ALEC LIGHTWOOD {book 2}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara