•29•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 6 ~ Iʀᴏɴ Sɪsᴛᴇʀs

★ ★ ★

In the institute, Clary's bedroom to be exact, Clary is drawing the rune she saw in the vision at Iris Rouses house. Jace sits opposite her, scanning through books, trying to find the rune Clary is drawing. Once she finishes the drawing, she passes it to her brother who quickly scans the book again. Jace shakes his head after a while.

"Yeah, I'm not seeing it in the Gray Book." He tells Clary who sighs.

"Well, isn't that thing supposed to have every single rune?" She asks confused so Jace quickly responds.

"Some of them are removed. They're reserved for the most elite members of the Clave."

"I'm not exactly elite, so why do I know it?" Clary questions, genuinely confused as to why she knows runes that she shouldn't.

"Maybe you saw it somewhere and you don't remember." Jace offers but Clary quickly denies that.

"No, it just..." she sighs, shaking her head. "It appeared, like a vision. Like someone or something was trying to send me a message. Maybe it's from our mom."

"Clary, I know you miss her–" Jace tries but Clary cuts him off.

"How else do you explain it?" She asks with slight annoyance. 

"I don't know." He looks down.

"You know, I'll just go ask Izzy and Alec. Maybe they'll know something." She rips the paper out of the book with her drawing of the rune and goes to walk out.

"No." Jace quickly grabs the paper. "Absolutely not. If you tell anyone else, they could be in danger, too. The Clave is quick to persecute anyone or anything they don't understand." Suddenly, someone knocks on the door so Jace swiftly puts the drawing folded up in his backpocket.

"Come in." Clary shouts so the door opens to reveal Alisha and Izzy standing side by side. The new parabatais seem to be inseparable ever since their parabatai ceremony. Alisha also stick around he brothers, wanting to be around family since her mom, dad, Jocelyn or even Luke couldn't be there to watch.

"I... um ... I wanted to talk to Clary but if I'm interrupting something I can just go-" Alisha says but they both cut her off simultaneously. Izzy squeezes the hybrids hand in support.

"No."
"Not at all."

"Ok then..." Alisha averts her gaze as Jace laves the room, muttering a 'good luck' to Alisha, knowing why she's there. She nods to him and kisses Izzy cheek. The Light wood closes the door behind her.