•83•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 19 ~ Hᴀɪʟ ᴀɴᴅ Fᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ

★ ★ ★

Alisha runs between Maia and Luke in their wolf forms as they and the pack run towards where Valentine, Jonathan and his men are. Howls fill the air as they charge at Valentine's men. The wolves approach the circle members who get ready to attack. Alisha runs at one of them, jumping up and biting into his shoulder making him scream out in pain as she tears him apart limb from limb.

After the fight, Alisha, Maia and Luke quickly get into Luke's car, Alisha sitting in the back whilst Maia and Luke sit in the front. The alpha pulls out his phone and calls Clary.

"I thought you weren't supposed to be helping us." Clary says as she answers the call. The shadowhunter places it on speaker as Jace listens in.

"Consider this an anonymous tip." Luke states. We ran down his Circle members, but we lost Valentine when Jonathan grabbed him and pinballed up three fire escapes and leapt out of sight."

"Yeah, blondie moves like a demon." Maia says.

"Well duh he is one." "That's because he is one." Alisha and Clary say.

"On the plus side, he won't get very far." Maia says.

"Yeah. By order of the queen. Warlocks have put up wards all around the city." Luke begins. "No Portals or travel in or out for anyone with Nephilim blood. A Shadowhunter crosses that threshold, they get vaporized. So be careful. We'll continue the hunt on our end." They hang up and Luke turns on his siren and starts driving.

Later on in a cemetery, it's night time and a portal suddenly opens. Clary, Izzy, Jace, and Alec exit.

"Why would they hide in a graveyard?" Clary asks.

"They probably raided an old weapons cache." Isabelle states.

"It doesn't explain what happened to everybody else here." Jace comments. Alec notices something of the funeral.

"I don't think they left." He says looking at the bloodied cross. A feral growl makes them all look up and hold their weapons ready. A white wolf emerges from the bushes, making them all turn around swiftly. Realising it's Alisha, they place their weapons down.

Luke sent me

Luke sent me. Make sure you don't get your asses beat she says on all their minds making them laugh slightly. The wolf circles around the group, sniffing around.

"Another demon trap." Izzy says.

"Let's split up. Teams of two." Alec states.

"I'll go with Izzy." "I'll go with Alec." Clary and Jace say at the same time. Everyone shared a weird look whilst Alisha rubs her paw behind her ears.

"Okay." Alec states as they split up and start running to different tombs. Alisha runs beside Clary and Isabelle. The wolf walks as they sneak past the graves.

"Wanna talk about whatever happened between you and Jace at the Institute?" Isabelle asks and Alisha's ears perk up, interested.

"There's no point in talking about any of that till we figure this out." Clary states as they continue to walk. Clary goes in front of the two.

"Stop." Izzy comments after hearing Alisha growl loudly. They watch the wolf carefully as she stalks forwards slowly. Alisha huffs as she looks at one of the funeral women lying by a tomb.

"Is she hurt?" Clary questions.

"No." Izzy states as Alisha begins growling again. "She's Forsaken." At that moment, the woman sits up and growls, her face is grey and her mouth and teeth are black. Alisha snaps her teeth and growls loudly, even Jace and Alec heard her. The two shadowhunters begin fighting the army of Forsaken. Alisha pounces on one of them, her teeth digging into their dead flesh. Once they kill them all and think they're done when two more are coming for them from the other side of the tomb. Alisha jumps around as one of them is just about to throw an axe at her. Just then, an arrow is shot through both of their heads from behind them. They turn and see Alec standing there with his bow in his hand. Alisha nods her head at him as she shakes some of the blood out of her fur.

"I think that's the last of them." He says as he approaches the two shadowhunters and white wolf.

"Alec, are you okay?" Izzy questions her brother.

"I'm okay." He responds as Clary looks around for Jace.

"Where's Jace?" She asks after seeing he's not with her. Alisha sniffs around, not catching any scent.

"Sebastian. We gotta find him." Alec states. Just then Alisha begins growling again as more foresaken walk towards the group.

"Guys!" Clary shouts after noticing what the wolf was growling at. From where Alec was just standing, an army of Forsaken is heading for them. Izzy, Clary, and Alec get ready whilst Alisha gets in front of them in a defensive position.

"Izzy, Alisha, Alec and I got this. Go get Sebastian. You've got the whip. The electrum. We know it can hurt him. Go!" Clary shouts and Izzy nods before running out just as the Forsaken charge for Alec, Alisha and Clary. The wolf ounces at the forsaken at the front, whilst Alec shoots an arrow into another's chest.

After killing all of the forsaken, Alisha, Alec and Clary run to the bridge where Jace, 'Sebastian' and Izzy are. The two Shadowhunters were following the werewolf, the wolf being faster than them even with their speed runes activated. Alisha smells a lot of blood making her nose wrinkle up in disgust. Seeing them struggle, the wolf quickly runs towards the two blondes making 'Sebastian' let Jace go. She jumps up and pounces on 'Sebastian'. She places her each of her paws on the demons chest as she pushes back as much as she can. Falling backwards, 'Sebastian' falls over the railing and towards the vast river flowing beneath them. The wolf jumps back onto the pavement, falling over slightly as she stands on four legs once again. Everyone looks at the body in the river, Alisha growling lowly.

"Hail and farewell." Izzy says bitterly. They then all turn to a very bloodied Jace. The wolf nudges her brothers legs trying to comfort him.