•21•

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 5 ~ Ds ᴀɴᴅ Sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs

Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ 5 ~ Dᴜsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs

★ ★ ★

Alec is shooting arrows into fireworks on top of the roof on the institute. His red puffy eyes look out in the horizon so he doesn't notice his now free parabatai walking up to him.

"Alec." He says making Alec turn to his brother, his bow still ready.

"Move." Alec states sternly but Jace doesn't budge.

"How long have you been up here?" He asks and Alec rolls his eyes discreetly.

"I'm glamoured. No one can see me. Move." He tries again but Jace stays still.

"You can't beat yourself up." Jace says.

"I'm not." Alec answers simply and Jace frowns, unconvinced.

"Who are you talking to? It's me. I'm your parabatai. I know exactly what you're going through. What happened with Jocelyn, that wasn't you. That was the demon." Jace comforts but Alec shakes his head.

"Get out of the way." Alec says through gritted teeth. Jace puts his hands up.

"Hey. Same side. Remember?" Alec lowers the bow. "Come on, man. Come back inside. Alisha needs you." Alec scoffs.

"She doesn't. And inside is the last place I wanna be." Alec states.

"Alec, Valentine has the Soul-Sword. He slaughtered the Silent Brothers. We need our best soldiers–" Alec cuts Jace off.

"Stop pretending this never happened! I couldn't save you from Valentine. I couldn't save you from the City of Bones. I... She's Clary's mother. Your mother. Alishas mother." He activates a rune on his hand.

"Nobody blames you." Jace says softly and Alec shakes his head.

"They should." With a leap, he jumps off the roof. Jace runs to the edge and sees Alec lands on his feet and runs off. He groans at his brothers actions.

Alisha sits crossed legged on her bed in her room as she blankly stares at a wall. The girls eyes are sore from crying and the tears on her cheek have dried. Her brothers went to Jade wolf after she told them she needed a bit of space. Reluctantly, they left but not after asking Jace to keep an eye on her, which is why the blonde shadowhunter walks into her room with a sympathetic smile. She looks up at him.

"Why didn't you knock?" She says, her voice barely audible but he could hear her. He sits down next to her on her bed and wraps his arm around her shoulders, letting her rest her head on his shoulder.

"I did." He says and she lets out a quiet 'oh'. "Are you okay?" She lets out a pained laugh.

"Define okay." She repeats the words he said to her on Valentine's ship. He lets out a small laugh. "Thank you." She says after a while. He looks down at her, slightly confused.

"For what Alisha?" He asks.

"You were there for me even though we just walked into your life. You've been like a brother to me and I can't thank you enough." She says kindly, but you could still hear the pain in her voice.

"Of course Alisha. You protected us all and you didn't even know us. You were there for me during one of the hardest time of my life. If anyone should be thanking anyone, it should be me thanking you. So thank you." She smiles at him, but it's cut short when her phone pings.

Luke's gone - Jason

"What?!" Alisha says aloud, startling Jace. He looks at the message and frowns. "I need to go."

"Alisha—" Jace begins but she shakes her head.

"No I need to go." She says and rushes out of the institute and towards Jade Wolf. When she gets there, she sees the pack scattered outside. She rushes over to her brothers.

"They're trying to catch a scent." Isaac answers before she can ask. The hybrid nods.

"Nothing." A pack member says after a while. Alisha looks at her brothers.

"Well then we look as wolves." She says and her brothers look at her. "Our scents are heightened therefore we'd have a better chance of finding him." The pack nods and rushes off. Alisha looks up at her brothers and notices the proud looks on her face. "That means us too." She gestures them to move. The three transform into wolves and run off together.

After around 10 minutes of running around the city, trying to find Luke, Alisha catches onto another scent. A shadowhunter. She follows it, her brothers following her since they won't leave her side, and it leads her into a small park with no one in. The wolves notice a dark haired shadowhunter sitting on a bench in the middle. Alisha stalks over there, still wary about any mundanes catching her. Alec senses something behind him and quickly aims his bow at it. Alisha huffs, lowering her head to show she's not a threat, whilst her brothers growl from behind her. Alec places his bow back on the bench after realising its Alisha. She sits beside him, resting her head on his legs, needing him to know she doesn't blame him. He smiles slightly and strokes her head. She hums in satisfaction as her brothers watch. Suddenly, there's a howl in the distance making the wolves look around. The hybrid goes to follow, but Isaac snaps his jaws at her, knowing she need to be with Alec. She nods as a 'thank you' and walks back over to Alec, transforming back to her normal self in the process.

"Shouldn't you have gone with them?" Alec asks after she sits beside him.

"I needed to be here with you more." She rests her head on his shoulder as he hesitantly places his arm around her waist.

"I'm so sorry, Alisha." Alec says guiltily making Alisha frown. She pulls away from him, placing her palms on each side of his face.

"It's not your fault Alec, nobody blames you." She says comfortingly. Alec opens his mouth to object but she cuts him off with a kiss. He quickly responds by pulling her onto his lap and placing both his hands on her waist. After they pull away, the two just sit there, both needing the comfort more than they'd like to admit.