Chapter 12: The Old Man is Snoring

"You're pathetic, newbie." I shake my head at Ace as I walk up behind him.

"I don't know why you would ever think that, Tuffs." Ace chuckles as he shakes his hands, attempting to get a piece of paper off of his glue-covered hands.

It is raining cats and dogs outside which means it's arts and crafts in the Dam. We have colouring sheets, paper, pencils, coloured pencils, paint, glue, scissors - you name it? We have it.

We are letting the kids create whatever they want then at the end we will collect all their projects for our crafts sale. I know that most of the projects won't be sellable but the kids seem to enjoy it. They were a little tuckered out from staying out late for the fireworks last night.

I turn my attention to the man child in front of me. Ace had somehow managed to get glue all over his hands, then proceeded to stick paper on to them. Like I said; man child.

"Help" Ace puts his hands up and pleads with puppy dog eyes.

Damn those eyes.

"Pleeeease." Ace pulls out the big guns and sticks out his bottom lip.

I scoff and role my eyes. I reach down for his outstretched hands and start picking the paper off of them. They threatened to get stuck on my own fingers but unlink someone I know, I'm smarter than the paper. I finally get all the paper off.

Then I decide to tease him. Not sure where the next line comes from - maybe a book I've read - but I lean down into his ear.

"I like it when men beg." I whisper, low enough that the kids at the table couldn't hear me.

I laugh quietly and pull my head back. When I stand up in front of him Ace's eyes have gone wide. A blush creeps it's way up his throat and I smirk.

Payback for that line last night. Unless you want me to. God, that man is unhealthy for my stomach - the amount of butterflies I get around him is unheard of, I swear.

I walk away from him, extremely proud of myself for making him speechless. Take that, asshole. I make my way over to where Evelyn and Archer are.

Those two seem to be getting quite close lately. I don't mind, I'm just observant. I smile, waking up to them.

"How goes it over here?" I ask, referring to the colouring sheets in front of them.

Archer nods his head to the kids at the table who are extremely invested in their work. "Pretty good here. What did you say to Ace? I don't think I've ever seen him turn that red." Archer chuckles.

"You were watching us, you creep?" I exclaim.

"I just happen to glance up at that moment." He says innocently. "Now spill, Auto."

"I said nothing," I lie. Like hell I was telling him what I said.

"Bullshit." Archer says then claps his hands over his mouth. "I meant bs"

I look around at the kids who were snickering. They had totally heard Archer.

"You guys don't repeat that, eh?" Archer tries to cover his ass.