Chapter 16: Supplies Run

"Just hear him out, okay?" Archer is squeezing my hand.

"I'll think about it." I say grumpily.

Leave it to the men to get over things so quickly. It's going to take Ace a little more than one conversation to win back my trust. If that's even possible. I'm extremely hurt by his little secret - hence, I'm avoiding everything and anything to do with him.

Sadly, I won't have anyone to hang out with today or tomorrow or the next day. Everyone was leaving for a few days to visit their families. There is a small gap between the groups of campers which leaves us with free time.

"Okay, well I gotta head out now. Mom's waiting for me." I stand up and give Archer a hug as he says goodbye.

The other three had left already, saying their goodbyes earlier. Archer had stayed behind to try and convince me to talk to Ace. Fat chance, but nice of him to try anyways.

"Say hi to her for me. I'll see you when you get back." I say.

Archer places a friendly kiss on my cheek and walks out the door. What did I do to get my amazing friends? I am beyond grateful for each and every one of them.

Except one.

Ace Beckett.

He's on friend probation. Maybe I'll talk with him today. I'm lying to myself. I'm still not in the mood to hear his excuses. Why he lied about where he worked - if he even worked there? Didn't sound like it by the way Tina and Malik were talking to him. They sounded more like friends. Well, maybe near acquaintances - actually I think Malik and Ace are cousins so that is just wonderful.

Either way, Ace hadn't looked too happy. That's a lie. Ace had looked angry. At Tina? At Malik? At me?

Who knows? I rid myself of the thoughts. Today was going to be a me-day.

It is raining outside which means sun tanning (more like sun burning but whatever) is out. That leads me to movies, books, and writing. My perfect day. All to-

"Auto, your dad needs you in the office." Archer had returned in my doorway, soaking wet.

"Did he say why?" I ask my friend who was supposed to be gone already.

"Nope. Just go there ASAP." Archer smiles then waves, "Later."

"Thanks, Arch. See ya!"

I wait until he leaves to let out a terribly loud groan. Why did bossman want me in the office? I swear to God if it has anything to do with Steven Davis I'm going to explode. I can't deal with that right now.

Still mumbling under my breath, I pull on some sweats and a hoodie. I look around for my umbrella but when I can't find it, I just go for it. Who cares at this point?

In my bright green Crocs, I make a mad dash to my dad's office. Rain is pouring down and I try not to step in any mud puddles.

I get to the office with minimal mud but still soaking. It's hard to avoid the rain without and umbrella.

"Hey, dad, what's..." I trail off as I step into the room.

Standing by bossman's desk is Ace. Just as water logged as me. He stares at me with a small grin playing on his lips. I look away. What was he still doing here?

My dad must see the question on my face because he says, "Ace is staying here on the break."

"Oh. Cool." I answer shortly.

I haven't seen Ace since last night after he ran after us. I didn't wait up for him when I got back to my cabin. I was too busy with my self pity.