Chapter 10:

'Fucking asshole.' I mutter, getting back into bed. 'This is the thanks I get for trying to be the good guy.'

If he believed me, we could've teamed up and gotten down to the bottom of this.

I would've called off the spies and everything.

Why do I want to team up?

I shake these thoughts out of my head.

Fuck him.

'Stupid piece of shit.' I grumble, stuffing my head into my pillow.

I need to sleep, tomorrow is an important day for all of us. I need to work hard and bring him down.

************
'We already have a spy following Mimi, Matteo, Jasmine and Zoya.' The head Sargent says to me.

A blonde man puts a picture of a two year old girl on the screen. She has blonde curls that stop at her chin, and caramel brown eyes.

'This is Mimi's daughter,' he says.

My heart drops.

'She won't get in the way, Alessandro isn't the father so there's no relation to the heir there.' I reply quickly.

Dominico looks over at me and I sit up straighter.

'How do you know that?' He asks.

'She was my best friend and pregnant before I left.' I explain. 'That's her ex's baby.'

Dominico gives me a weary look.

'Now, do you have any spies on Adriano?' I ask, changing the subject.

'No we haven't spotted them yet.' The man replies.

The next picture on the screen is Jasmine hiding half her face with her hoodie and walking down an alley.

Dominico narrows his eyes.

'We've seen both Matteo, Jasmine and Zoya all going down this alley.' The man says.

'Have you seen where it leads?' I ask.

'To a bunch of abandoned factories.' He replies.

'I want a team of people to go search the place immediately.' I say. 'And tell me the second any of you see Adriano.'

'Yes ma'am,' he says.

I get up and walk out of the room, leaving Dominico to discuss something with the man.

I go back to my room and sit down on the swinging chair.

I hear a sound coming from my drawer.

I pull open the first one and find the burner phone.

Mimi's calling me.

I decline the call and take the battery out of the phone from the back.

'Sorry Mimi,' I mutter.

I throw the battery in the fireplace and let the fire devour it.

Someone knocks on my door.

'Come in.' I say.

Cora and Pablo come in.