Chapter 68:

'It was you all along.' I breathe. Zoya and Amira going missing, the poisoning, my miscarriage.

'Actually the miscarriage was me.' Pablo emerges from the shadows. I look behind me at Zoya and Amira who looks helplessly at the floor.

He snakes an arm around her waist and pulls her closer to him.

'You killed my child!' I scream so loud it hurts my throat.

I run to Pablo and he grabs my arm before I can hit him. He twists my arm behind my back and pushes me away from them.

'Your baby was dead the second you announced your pregnancy.' Dominico says.

'But Xuan,' I say. 'You poisoned him.'

'That wimp had it coming.' She smiles. 'He was pissing me off with his whole: I'm going to get better for you; act.'

My heart sinks as I come to the realisation that they know our entire plan.

'Adriano,' I breathe. 'Where the fuck is he!'

'He's still playing dead and he's been taken to the event hall.' Vittoria says. 'Where you will publicly execute him and these two girls and Fouzia.'

'No!' I yell.

'You have no choice.' Dominico says. 'I have five men outside of the safe house where Mimi, Alessandro and their dear daughter Rory are.'

'It would be a shame if their only daughter died.' Vittoria says.

'That's your son.' I snarl.

'Life is full of tough choices.' She replies. 'You spared Rory's life once, learn to make the right decision.'

'You knew Mimi and Rory would be at that mission.' I say to Dominico, everything clicking into place.

'I wanted to see where your loyalties lied.' He explains. 'I knew some time after that you would leave.'

Pablo locks up the cell Amira and Zoya are in and grabs my arms.

'Let's take this to my office.' Dominico smiles.

************
'Alora here immediately warned us of your plan.' Vittoria smiles.

'Why?' I ask. 'Why Alora?'

'Your place was supposed to be mine.' She snarls. 'Adriano was supposed to make me heir.'

I don't know what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't that.

'You were in love with him?' I ask.

'No.' She scoffs. 'I was devoted to him, anything he wanted I got him and Vittoria promised me I would be his heiress.'

She glares at me before continuing her story.

'That's when you came along and ruined it all.' She snarls. 'He was obsessed with you.'
Alora walks closer to me and I see the crazy in her eyes.

'No one suspected me.' She says. She can read the disbelief on my face because she scoffs before saying.
'Who do you think delayed everyone when Eliza was chasing you in the forest?'

I remember not being able to get in contact with any of them as I was running for my life.

'Who do you think hacked the CCTV footage and made it seem like Adriano was a heartless child murderer.' She laughs.

'He said I had to kill Adriano.' I spit.

'Whether you died or he died didn't matter.' She snarls. 'You would be the downfall of eachother.'

'If you died Dominico would make her the heir.' Vittoria snaps. 'And if Adriano died I would pass it onto Alora.'

'What about Fouzia?' I ask.

'She was a decoy.' Dominico said. 'But we knew she was aware of something going on.'

'Where is she?' I snap.

'Even though she was upset at Adriano choosing you, she refused to betray either of you.' Vittoria rolls her eyes. 'We took her to a facility made for people like her.'

'They will make her break and make her go insane.' Alora laughs. 'Loyalty get you nowhere.'

My heart stings at the face that Fouzia was getting brutally tortured because she didn't want to ruin anything between Adriano and I. I guess I judged her way too soon.

Christianto needs to be warned, unless he already knows.

'So tomorrow you will walk in and the ceremony will go to plan.' Dominico says. 'After the ceremony we will deal with you, and you will publícalo pass the mafia onto Alora.'

'I would rather die.' I spit.

Pablo punches me across the face and I kick his groin before kneeing his face. I grab his knife from his belt and slide it across his throat, cutting him deeply.

Pablo stumbles backwards and starts choking on his blood. Alora runs to his side and screams at me. I can't hear her as my ears are filled with loud ringing, tuning them out.

'That's for Adriano' I snarl.

I take the knife and plunge it deep into his heart. Alora claws at my hands and blood splatters on our faces.

'That's for my child.' I stand up and drop the knife.

Dominico watches me as I walk out of his office and make my way to my room. He knows that I can't leave because he has people who will kill Rory without giving it a second thought.

I would rather sacrifice my life before I even let any of them come to harm.

They're my family.

They're all I have left.

I pray to God that they don't do anything to Adriano and my mind wonders to where Christianto disappeared to.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
You guys are lucky you got two chapters today! I hope you're enjoying the book and I'm so scared cause it's gonna end soon.

Have a nice day!