Chapter 72:

'Im driving.' Alessandro snaps as we both run outside.

Alessandro and I get into a car and he speeds off. The rest of the Giovanni's follow behind us. I pray to God that they're not doing anything to Rory and Mimi.

'I need to get Adriano's body back.' I mumble. 'He deserves a proper burial.'

Alessandro runs a bunch of red lights as he tries to speed up and get to the garage Dominico was talking about.

Five guards are outside with huge loaded guns. Alessandro parks the car on the opposite road and turns to look at me.

'We need a plan.' I say. There's a dangerous expression in his eyes.

I look down at my dress and rip off all the long fabric getting in the way of me fighting.

'Fuck this.' Alessandro gets out the car and shoots down a soldier.

I follow him and a swarm of bodyguards come to us. One tries to hit me with his gun and I dodge, digging my knife into his stomach and cutting him open.
A car parks behind us and Lorenzo and Xuan shoot down the rest of the guards.

'Lets go.' Alessandro snarls.

He walks in through the doors and we enter a dark room. There's one light and it shines on Mimi tied up on a chair with ductwork over her mouth.

'Mimi,' Alessandro's voice breaks. 'Oh my god.'
He runs to her and starts untying her when he freezes. Dominico emerges from the shadows, pressing a gun to his temple.

'Make any sudden movements, and I'll blow both of their brains out.' He snarls.

We all freeze in our places when Vittoria shows up. She holds Rory who's crying and trying to get away from her.

'Put Rory down.' I snarl.

'I just wanted some bonding time with my step-granddaughter.' She smiles. Rory cries louder and Mimi shakes her head.
Tears well up in her eyes and Alessandro turns slowly.

'Not my daughter.' He says. 'Take me instead, but let everyone and Rory go.'

'I'd rather not.' Dominico's presses the gun down harder.

'You're losing.' Zoya says. 'Alora is dead and Christianto is on our side.'

'Who gives a shit about them.' Vittoria snarls.

Lorenzo goes to attack Dominico but he pins him down. Six bodyguards come from behind us and push us to our knees.

They each hold guns to our heads and Dominico pulls out a knife. Vittoria goes to the corner and tries to quiet Rory.

Alessandro is pushed to his knees, a rope tied around his hands. Dominico steps towards Mimi who's eyes widen.

'So this is the girl who's life Dilara spared that day.' Domincio says, grabbing her face.

'Don't touch her!' Alessandro yells.

The bodyguard punches him and Dominico takes off the tape covering Mimi's lips.

'Such a pretty little girl.' He says, trailing the knife against her cheek. She loves her head away from him.

'It you hurt her I swear-' Alessandro's voice breaks. The bodyguard puts a hand over his mouth.

'This might hurt.' He whispers.

I can't believe my eyes when I see Dominico dig the knife into her skin and slide it down her face. Mimi thrashes and screams in pain.

'Mimi!' I scream, my voice hoarse. He doesn't stop at her chin but continues down to her neck. Blood gushes everywhere and Mimi's screams cause Rory to cry louder.

Alessandro tries to fight against the body guard who has a firm grip on his mouth. His eyes are watery as Mimis screams get louder.

'Stop!' I scream. Dominico pauses and looks at me. 'Do it to me instead.'

'Will this got interesting.' Vittoria cackles.

'Just please, don't hurt her.' I breathe.

Dominico narrows his eyes and looks at me. He drops his arm and unties Mimi. He signals to the body guard who unties Alessandro. Mimi gets up and collapses into his arms.

'Ínstese of you,' Dominico walks straight past me and to the rest of the Giovanni's. 'Let's pick her.'

He grabs Amira and pushes who tries to fight out of his grip but he's too strong.

'No!' Lorenzo screams. 'Let her go.'

Alessandro cradles Mimi to his chest, rocking her back and forth as she cries into him. Vittoria gives them Rory who finally settles down in her dads arms.

Dominico ties Amira up and look down at her.

'You would've been extraordinary in my mafia.' Dominico's says. 'How about it?'

'I would rather die you abn alkalb.' She spits, kicking his knee so Dominico stumbles backwards.

'You'll pay for that.' He snarls.

'Hmar.' She snarls. 'You're a pussie.'
Dominico raises his hand and strikes her. Lorenzo looks down helplessly, unable to help her.

Christianto winks at me and I look at him confused.

'This is lovely.' Terzo says.

'Shut it.' A bodyguard snarls.

'What about freedom of speech?' Xuan taunts.

'Im starting to get cozy with you.' Christianto smirks.

'What are you guys doing?' I whisper.

'Watch and see.' Matteo smirks.

I see a figure come out of the shadows and see Adriano sneaking towards Vittoria. He has two knives in his hand and sticks to the shadows, you'll have to squint to see him properly.

'How?' I breathe.

'He never stays dead.' Lorenzo whispers. 'It's kind of his thing.'

I have to try to hide my smile and Dominico turns to us, confusion in his old eyes.

'Hace you finally given in to defeat?' He asks. 'Or are more people going to have to get hurt.'

'You're the only one left.' Adriano snarls as he comes up from behind Vittoria and slices her throat open. She steps back, her eyes open wide in shock. The blood gurgles in her throat and she collapses, choking on her blood.

'How?' Dominico snarls.

'I never really stay dead.' Adriano smirks. 'It's kind of my thing.'

*AUTHORS NOTE*
I hope you've all enjoyed the chapter!
Have a nice day!