Chapter 46:

DILARA'S POV:
'Fucking asshole,' I mutter, washing my knife. 'Showing up out of the blue.'

'Just breathe Dilara.' Adriano says.

'Don't tell me to fucking breathe.' I snap. 'Don't you dare.'

I dry off my knife and put it back into my waistband and and take a drink from the bottle of tequila.

'What did you mean?' Adriano asks.

'What?'

'What did you mean when you said we were complicated?' He asks.

Shit.

'Nothing,' I reply.

Adrinao walks towards me and I look away from him. He takes the bottle out of my hands and makes me look up at him.

'I feel absolutely nothing for you.' I remind him.

'Is that so?' He replies, his tone amused which only irritates me more.

'Yep, Nothing.' I reply, crossing my arms.

He takes one step towards me with a smirk on his face and I swallow refusing to back up and he laughs at my discomfort.

'Realx pazza, I'm not going to jump on you.' He laughs.

That's relieves me a bit before he says.

'Not until you ask me to anyways.' Adriano smirks.

'Oh my god,' I mutter.

'Listen, we both know the truth.' He says, so let's stop denying it.'

'Oh you want me so bad,' I scoff.

Adriano narrows his eyes and tilts his head to the side.

'You have no power over me.' He says.

I walk up to him and lightly touch his chest. His breath hitches in his throat.

'You sure about that?' I ask, looking up at him and tilting my head.

I take the tequila bottle out of his hand and drink from it again.

'Not a good coping mechanism.' He puts it out of my reach.

A few minutes of silence pass before I speak up again.

'Adriano,' I whisper.

'Yeah pazza,' he replies.

'Is It my fault?' I ask. 'Please tell me it's not my fault.'

'Dilara it's not your fault.' He says. 'And I'm not saying it just because you want to hear it, you never could've know Dominico and Vittoria would pull anything like this.'

'But it wouldn't have happened if I didn't come back to you.' I mutter.

'I am so glad you came back to me.' He replies, softly moving the hair from my face.

'Imagine,' I whisper. 'Everything would be so different if I never introduced myself to you two years ago.'

'Dilara don't think like that.' He says.

'It's true.' I mumble.

'Listen to me Dilara,' he cups my face in his hands. 'From the first time I laid eyes on you, something clicked in my brain, I became curious with knowing who you were because you had a smart mouth and didn't take shit from anyone.'

He wipes my tears from my cheeks and I sniffle.

'Then I fell in love with you.' He says. 'I never in my life would've thought I could love someone the way I did with you.'

'We can't keep doing this Adriano.' I say. 'It hurts so much.'

'I'm not lying to you Dilara,' he presses his forehead against mine and I sigh.

Then, he kisses me. Without warning, without permission, without even deciding to do it but simply because he couldn't have done anything else except press his lips to mine.

His hands go to my waist but this kiss isn't as aggressive as the others we've shared. It isn't hungry. This kiss is slow and meaningful.

I let Adriano take control, he slips his tongue into my mouth and I moan into him. He tells me that he's here for me. That I'm his.

My hands travel up his neck and into his hair as he picks me up and places me in the kitchen island. If Mimi walks in on us it's over.

He trails soft kisses down my neck, making me gasp.

'Ti amo,' he breathes, leaving a mark on my neck.

'Sei mío,' he leaves another mark.

Translation: you're mine

'sei così incredibile amore mío' he kisses the gap between my ear and jawline.

Translation: you're so amazing my love

I kiss Adriano along his jawline and his grip on my thighs harden.

'Eres adictivo,' I gasp, pressing my lips against his, and lightly tugging on his hair.

Translation: you are addicting

He groans into my lips and the sound sets off butterflies in my stomach.

As he kisses my collarbone, my nails dig into his arms. Adriano doesn't flinch, but keeps on going.

Using my legs, I pull him closer to me and start marking his neck and his runs his hands through my hair.

'Adriano,' I murmur, against his lips.

'Yeah,' he whispers.

'I don't know what we're doing.' I breathe. 'What is this?'

'We can figure that out later.' Is all he says before taking control of my mouth again.
He softly bites my bottom lip, causing me to tug on his hair.

'Arms up,' I breathe, tugging on the hem of his shirt. He listens and I'm about to take off Adriano's shirt when we hear a noise and push each other apart, both breathless and searching the other one's face for answers.

Adriano turns to the window and I grab the tequila bottle and drink from it as Mimi walks in.

She looks from Adriano to me and back again.

'I hope I'm not interrupting, Rory just wanted some strawberries.' She says.

'Yeah no worries,' I reply clearing my throat and flattening my hair down.

Mimi smirks and shakes her head before leaving with the food.

Adriano turns to me and doesn't do anything. Part of me wants to continue while the other half is glad it's stopped.

'I'll make sure you can see Christianto and Cora today,' He says.

Of course, straight back to business as if we weren't eating each other's face five minutes ago.

'Thanks,' I reply, looking anywhere but at him.

Adriano leaves the room and I sigh.

I may deny it.

But the truth is, I'm falling in love with him, and it terrifies me.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
Have a nice day!