Chapter 27:

ADRIANO'S POV:
'Are you insane!' Jasmine exclaims.

'It's the only way we can figure out if Dilara is lying or not.' I cross my arms.

'I'm not lying,' she says.

'Liar,' Matteo mutters.

I shoot him a look that tells him to shut up.

'Listen, I get that you guys hate me and don't trust me but I won't sit here and let you all be rude to me.' She says, wincing as she stands up.

'Dilara sit down you're in pain,' Terzo says.

I stay silent, my arms crossed as I lean against the wall.

'I'd rather leave and survive on my own.' She starts walking to the door.

'Dilara enough.' I say. 'Stop.'

Everyone looks at me.

She's way to injured to be going out by herself. She needs my help and our protection, that way she can be completely untouchable.

'All in favour of Dilara leaving raise your hand.' I say.

Matteo and Jasmine raise their hands. Lorenzo hesitates but keeps his arm down.

'You guys are outvoted.' I state. 'Dilara stays and this is the last time we discuss this.'

Dilara looks at me and gives me a small nod of gratitude.

'Now about Blondie,' Alora says, changing the subject.

'We know she's in prison, we should just pay for her bail.' Amira says.

'It's suspicious if two years have passed and someone is just bailing her out.' Zoya replies. 'We have to break her out.'

'I want to come.' Dilara says.

'You're hurt.' Xuan replies.

'Then we go when I get better.' The look on her face tells us that we're not going to win this argument.

'Fine,' Terzo says. 'Vittoria can never find out she's been here.'

'She won't,' I reply. 'She won't come here.'

'If she does, I won't hesitate to shoot her.' Dilara says.

'You don't shoot her until we get the DNA test back.' Alessandro snaps. 'If you're wrong, I shoot you.'

'Alessandro!' Mimi exclaims.

She gets up and hands Rory to Zoya. She grabs Alessandro by the arm and takes him outside.

'He didn't mean it.' Alora says, rubbing Dilara's back.

'Yeah he did.' she replies.

Dilara glares at me and I break eye contact with her.

She gets up and shakily walks towards the front door. She opens it and a gust of cold air comes into the room.

It's dark outside and pouring with rain. Dilara leaves the room and closes the door behind her.

'Guys, give her a break.' I mutter.

'Looks who's getting soft.' Lorenzo laughs.

I glare at him.

'This meeting is dismissed. You all go back to base and plan an effective way to break Blondie out.' I command.

'Alora get a background check on her, we need to find out everything.' I say.

'Yes, boss.' Everyone replies.

I leave the house and run down the street. Dilara's shivering and her clothes stick to her.

'Dilara you're going to get sick!' I yell.

'Get lost.' She snaps.

I run up to her and grab her arm. She tries to shove me off and I turn her to me.

'You asshole!' She yells hitting my chest with clenched fists.

She pushes me off her.

'Stop pretending to care about me!' She hits my chest again, my entire shirt is soaked.

'What happened to staying for Mimi?' I ask.

'She'll be better off without me.' Dilara replies.

The thunder rumbles in the sky and the rain comes down heavier.

She turns around and walks away from me, I jog to catch up to her and walk in front of her.

'Dilara please listen to me.' I grab her shoulder. She pushes me off her and repeatedly hits my chest.

'Everyone hates me and they look at me like I'm the bad guy!' She yells, pushing me. 'Do they even know how much shit you put me through?'

'They're just being cautious.' I reply calmly.

Dilara points in my face and hits me again.

'Do they even know about the shit you did to survive?' She asks. 'None of you believe me.'

'You would've done the same.' I say, trying to keep her arms still.

'I would've never murdered an innocent child!' She yells.

What.

'I didn't.' I clench my jaw.

'Bullshit!' She yells, her eyes are getting more and more teary. 'I saw all the proof!'

'Dilara please, you're going to get sick, you're not stable.' I say moving closer to her.

She pushes me back and I stumble.

Her eyes are filled with hatred and her hair sticks to her neck.

'All you do is lie.' She snarls.

'I don't lie, I just protect people.' I say.

'Adriano answer this,' she says. 'Do you believe anything I've said about your mother.'

I stay quiet and she laughs dryly.

'I would've thought that two years changes a person.' She scoffs. 'You're still the exact same asshole you were then.'

'Dilara can we just take this inside.' I sigh.

'I'm leading a mafia,' she says. 'I can take care of myself.'

'You're being irrational.' I reply.

'Just fucking leave me alone!' She yells, her voice breaking.

She stays silent and shakes her head, she hides her face from me but I can tell she's holding back tears.

'Please just come back.' I mumble.

I pull her into my chest and she doesn't struggle against me and just gives in. My arms wrap around her and I move my wet hair from my face.

She sobbing into my chest and I rub her back. She continues to cry and I try shield her from the rain as much as I can.

Her body shakes against mine.

'Just breathe.' I whisper.

I look down at her and she aggressively wipes her face before breaking down again.

A heart-wrenching sob escapes her lips and I hug her tighter.

'Let's go back.' I mumble.

I place my chin on her head and rub her back.

She lets out all her emotions into my chest.

I never want her to feel like this ever again. She doesn't deserve this, she deserves so much better than me and I'll make sure she gets it.

Even if it means I have to give her away forever.

I'll do it.

I'll do anything.

*AUTHORS NOTE*
Sorry guys for not uploading I was so busy with school and my sister also go married so yeah and I'm not dead thank god 😭
Have a nice day!