Chapter 14:

Adriano kneels down next to me and grabs my hair, pulling my face up to face him.

'You know what I love?' He asks.

'I don't care if I'm being honest,' I snarl.

'I love how you tense up under my touch,' he says, trailing the blade of the knife down my jawline. 'I love how you say you hate me, but your eyes say so much more.'

He's just trying to manipulate you Dilara.

Don't let him do it.

Dominico warned you about him.

Just get your job done and get out of there.

'You don't know shit about me.' I snarl.

He places his lips on my ear, the blade still trailing my jawline.

'I love how I still have an effect on you after two years.' He whispers. 'I love how I know just how to get under your skin and you hate it.'

'Fuck you.' I spit.

I bring my head forward and bring it back to Adriano's face, causing him to yell out in pain.

I grab him from the back of his collar and hit his face against the glass cabinet, smearing blood on it.

I pull his head back and put my lips to his ear.

'If you ever come that close to me again, I'll kill you.' I snarl. 'And I'll enjoy doing so.'

I take his blade and press it roughly against his throat. He starts bleeding.

Someone grabs me from behind and places a gun to my head.

'I didn't think we'd bump into eachother, especially like this.' A familiar voice says.

'Nice to see you again Xuan.' I reply.

I try and wrestle out of his grip and he presses the gun harder into my head.

Alessandro and Lorenzo burst in and stare at me.

'Long time no see boys,' I say, smiling.

They glare at me and walk behind us to help the unconscious Terzo, Zoya, Matteo and Jasmine.

'I always have a back up plan.' Adriano smirks, crossing his arms.

Xuan pushes me to him and Adriano grabs my arm.

'Your gonna make me bruise.' I mutter.

'That's the least of your problems.' He replies.

Alessandro walks over to me and hands Adriano a blindfold and a cloth.

'Good night.' Is all I hear before he presses the cloth to my mouth and everything goes dark.

*************
My eyesight is blurry and I look around at the dark, room I'm in. It reeks of blood and I squint my eyes to get a better look.

There's a singular window high up and a metal door on the side of the room. Other than that it's empty.

I look down at my chained hands and try to scream but my voice is muffled by a cloth in my mouth.