Wonder

YOUR POV

You slowly opened your eyes - a heavy sensation invaded your eyelids as you started to distinguish shapes and voices around you... You sensed you were not laying in your bed - you could tell by the way the mattress held your body. Then, the soft smell of cinnamon began to invade your senses as your vision became sharper, and that's when you were finally able to inspect your surroundings carefully. All around you, sat Levi's old squad - Mikasa holding onto your hand. They all looked relieved to see you waking up, as if they had feared you wouldn't...

You looked into everyone's eyes as you gathered yourself, slowly placing yourself in a seated position. Now being able to observe the entire tent, you spotted Levi's figure standing by the tent's entrance. His gaze widened as he saw you - his lips parted in expectation. A strange expression in his eye - he looked confused and somehow uncomfortable.

You wondered what on earth had happened.

'What's... going on?' - you whispered, your gaze still placed on Levi's. He didn't move at all.

'Please lay down, you need to rest' - Mikasa exclaimed as she held onto your hand a bit tighter.

Her skin was cold.

'Please...what happened?!' - you felt yourself grow more impatient as you detected that the squad continued to give each other glances. Nobody said a word to you... That's when Levi approached everyone, his gaze still placed on yours tightly.

'You don't remember anything?' - he sighed, with that same expression you couldn't quite decipher still decorating his face. You looked up at him, your hair tangled and your face tired - you couldn't understand why it seemed like Levi somehow feared to be around you - you could tell your presence was making him very uncomfortable.

You shook your head and then looked to your right - Reiner and Annie were sitting in silence, further away from the group. Some memories came back to you in flashbacks - you could remember seeing them under the rain... at night... right outside the tent you are Levi had gone to...

'I...remember talking to Annie and Reiner, last night...' - you whispered as you tried to gather your thoughts.

'(Y/n)...you...' - Reiner sighed under his breath. As he tried to continue, you noticed Levi shot him a piercing glare. The blond saw this and sealed his lips. Your confusion grew even more.

'Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on already?!' - you were getting upset now as you stared into Levi's eyes. You didn't look at anyone else - you needed the answer to come solely from his lips.

And that's when he looked back at you, his glare remained cold and distant, with that hint of fear you detested so much. His gaze decorated with an uncomfortable frown - his lips parted slowly as his silver eye penetrated you completely.

'You shifted yesterday night' - he said in his regular monotone voice. No stutter, no doubt. Just plain facts delivered to you in the coldest of ways. Your lips parted in confusion as your eyes engaged in a deep frown. Before you could say anything, he continued. 'You turned into a titan' - he sighed, this time you could tell he was completely taken aback from you. He looked...betrayed, and somehow... disappointed. You couldn't understand anything at all.

A titan? The last thing you could remember was taking your necklace off...

Your pendant...

Was that what this was all along...? You've been a shifter your entire life...?

You felt your eyes begin to sting - frustration, confusion, fear...so many things began to emerge from within your chest. How was this possible? Was everyone upset with you now? You convinced yourself that they were probably terrified and didn't trust you - but Mikasa continued to hold your hand through all this rollercoaster of emotions. She held onto you tight as you felt a single tear stream down your cheek - your facial expression remained stoic as you continued to try to decipher what Levi was thinking and feeling. You tried to say something, but nothing would come out. Your lips remained parted as everyone looked at you, expecting some sort of explanation that would make sense... But you didn't have that. You couldn't prove anything at all... Levi continued to look at you as he crossed his arms over his chest - disdain filled his expression.

You felt sick to your stomach.

Before you could even try to say a word, Levi got a bit closer to you all again. He pulled something out of his pocket, then held it up with his fingers so everyone could see. Your pendant right on his hand - reflecting the light as it always did. Levi continued to look at you as the group stared at the shimmery, crimson pendant.

'You have a lot of explaining to do' - he said firmly. You could notice the anger in his voice. His lips firmly pressed together as everyone stared back at you.

You felt yourself swallow.