Beg

YOUR POV

You opened your eyes slowly as your vision began to become sharper and sharper - you could tell you were not laying in your bed, or even Levi's bed - the mattress seemed stiff and uncomfortable as it held your back and the rest of your body. You parted your lips as you brought both of your hands to your eye sockets and began to scrub them lightly. You then opened your eyes and saw the figure of a raven-haired man sitting by your side. Levi's gaze seemed relieved to see you come to consciousness. You then extended your hand to him and he grabbed it gently, holding onto your fingers with soft, welcoming warmness.

'Hi' - you whispered with a raspy voice. You could tell you had been asleep for hours, your head felt very heavy.

'Hey' - he sighed as he held onto you hand a bit tighter. He scanned your expression with precision, and that's when you got to observe the details laying on his face. He had a couple of bruises on the side of his cheekbone and on his collarbone, but overall he seemed unharmed. His gaze was decorated with a slight frown but he didn't look concerned. He just looked tired - restless as he parted his lips to speak again.

'What do you remember?'

'I remember...that I held onto my pendant...tight. And for a brief moment, I was brought back to Ymir...to The Coordinate' - Levi's gaze widened as he heard you say this, his lips parted in curiosity. 'I...spoke to her. She explained how my...titan works' - you let out a deep sigh as you began to remember all of what you did the previous night.

The screams...the slaughtering. You had become a complete monster.

Levi noticed your expression deepen as you sat down. You quickly removed your hand from his touch and held onto your head tight with both of your palms. You didn't want to believe what you had done - although you understood you could only control your titan to a certain extent, it was still you inside of it. 

Those were still your actions.

'Hey, hey. (Y/n), look at me' - he exclaimed as he grabbed you by your wrists, firmly removing your hands from your face. You locked your gaze onto his as your eyes begin to sting. So many images were running through your head - Annie's corpse laying on Armin's arms, Gabi and Falco laying on the ground, together...

'Fuck, fuck...' - you sighed desperately.

'It's okay...it's okay' - he whispered as he looked into your eye with calmness and empathy.

'No it's not. Fuck. They are dead. They are really gone, aren't they?!' - you heard your voice become louder as the realization hit you. 'I...I killed people. I killed...eldians, Levi! Fuck!' - you removed your hands from his touch again and covered your mouth. You could feel the warm tears streaming down your cheeks.

Then, without hesitation, Levi wrapped your body in his arms tightly, not allowing you to remove yourself from his grip. You tried to pull yourself away but failed as he held onto to you even tighter, his face buried onto your shoulder blade.

'I'm sorry. I'm sorry you did that, (Y/n). I'm sorry I couldn't protect them. Any of them...' - he sighed deeply against your skin, sending shivers down your spine. You grabbed onto his waist tight as you continued to cry - deep sorrow and grief completely taking over your body. Levi slowly pulled away and wiped your tears with both of his hands, gently kissing your cheeks and your forehead. You looked into his gaze in disbelief. 

'You saved us...' - he whispered. 'You still saved us'.

He loved you. He didn't think you were a monster. 

And that's all that mattered.

'It's...it's hard to explain...once you start, it's like you can't stop. I just don't want to be terrifying to you' - you sighed. He then cupped one of your cheeks as he took a deep breath, his gaze still connected to yours.

'I've seen it happen before' - he said, and at that moment you thought of Eren. 'I was concerned, I didn't know how to stop you, until I stopped you... I said this before...I will never be scared of you' - he then pressed his lips onto yours and you allowed yourself to breathe deeply against his skin. His soft and warm lips calmed you as you held onto his neck lovingly.

You wondered if what he had just said to you was true. But even if he did feel scared of you the previous night... he still didn't think you were a monster. 

And that was enough to you.

'I...I want to know what Ymir said to you' - he exclaimed as he left your lips.

'She...she told me how to use my strength. And...that this wouldn't be my final fight. The Warriors are more than we had anticipated, Levi. We...fuck. We need to leave the camp...' you sighed against his skin. He held the back of your head with his palm, gently pressing you against his chest. You both stayed there for some minutes in silence, feeling each others warm touch.

'Very well then' - he sighed. 'We are leaving'.