Chapter 10: Camping Part 01

The next morning, Josephine went out early to jog. Three blocks away, she saw Chanyeol also in his exercising outfit.

“Yeol-sshi!” she shouted.

Chanyeol looked towards her and smiled. “Phine!” he bro fisted with her.

“Phine? Where’d you got that nickname?” she asked.

“I’ve been thinking a lot last night. You like it?” Chanyeol said.

“Haha! Of course. That’s was actually my real nickname. Nice.” She said and tapped his shoulders.

“Omo! I’m a good thinker!” he replied happily.

They went jogging together and they came across a girl.

“Oppa!” she called Chanyeol.

They stopped in front of her and Josephine and Chanyeol were both shocked when the girl suddenly jumped towards Chanyeol and hugged him.

“Oppa! I miss you! Why didn’t you answer my phone calls?!” the girl cried.

Chanyeol was just shocked and he’s not talking.

“Oppa! Don’t you remember me?!” she said.

“Uhhh. Mianhe but I don’t remember you” Chanyeol said.

“AISH! Oppa! How come you forget me? I’m Kim your childhood friend” she said.

“Omo! Kim! Is this you already?” Chanyeol held her shoulders and looked at her from head to toe.

Kim is Chanyeol’s childhood friend. Their parents were so close together and they treated each other as brother and sister. When Kim’s parents decided to migrate to America, Kim and Chanyeol was separated. They haven’t seen each other for almost 7 years because Kim left before she could take high school. They only communicate through emails but suddenly it stopped when Chanyeol became busy in his college. Now that Kim was able to track his phone, she kept on calling him but since Chanyeol doesn’t know whose number it was, he kept on rejecting it. He was still shocked because he never thought that she would be beautiful. Kim used to be a nerd when they were in grade school and no one ever tried to court her.

 “Mianhe Kim. You know that I don’t answer phone calls that aren’t in my contacts.” He apologized.

“Ne. It’s okay. Oh .. who is she?” she asked pointing to Josephine.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jospehine-imnida” She introduced herself.

“Don’t tell me she’s your girlfriend!” she exclaimed.

“Ahhh Ani! Don’t think that way …” Josephine said.

“Kim, she’s my best friend” Chanyeol said.

“Bwoa?! Best friend? But wasn’t it supposed to be me?! Yaaa! Oppa!” she was shouting.

“Kimmie, remember you’re not my best friend but you’re my dongseng.” He said and patted her head.

“AISH! Don’t call me that way, I’m not a kid anymore.” She pouted her lips and crossed her arms on her chest.

Chanyeol just laughed and Josephine was just looking at them.

“Oppa! Let’s go to your house. Ppali!” she said to Chanyeol grabbing his hand.

“Uhh b…but” he said and looked at Josephine

“Yeol-sshi, I’ll just go ahead. It’s okay” Josephine said.

“Are you sure? You can come with us.” He said.