47: Addiction

MARIA WAYNE

We landed at the heaven in the eastern Caribbean island later that day – Barbados. We honestly couldn't hide our excitement when we reached there. We were received by two representatives of Beach bay Resort, Abdur Rahim, and Darja. We drove to the resort where we will be staying. After a good thirty-five minutes' drive, we finally reached the resort. To say that it was a beautiful resort would be an understatement – it was magnificent. I heard a loud squeal. I turned around to see Rene jumping in excitement. "It has a pool by the ocean." She clapped her hands. Paige, Charlie, and I laughed. Darja grinned, "Yes, and that's exactly where you will have your private bachelorette party tomorrow." She spoke in her thick accent. Charlie looked at her and smiled, "Thank you so much, Darja." She said to her. Darja shook her head, "Don't thank me – thank Mr. Harrison. He asked us to book ocean viewed pool for you people for a couple of hours." She added. An instant smile stretched on my lips.

"Come with me, Ladies. I will show you your rooms." Abdur said as he waved his hands towards the direction of the corridor. I smiled back at him as we followed him. Upon reaching there we came to know that Silas has asked them to book five ocean view rooms. He promised that he will arrange everything before we land and he did. I will give him a call to thank him for everything after I take a shower. Charlie was already calling Marcus to know how Kathie was doing while Rene and Paige were checking out their rooms. Abdur walked towards me, "Miss Wayne, a car has been sent to pick up Miss Elizabeth Harrison from the airport." He told me. "Thank you so much, Abdur," I said as I opened my purse to take out some money to hand it to him. When I offered him the tip he smiled, "You don't have to, Miss. We do not take tips." He said. I instantly felt embarrassed, "Oh, I am so sorry." I apologized to him. He smiled, "No problem, Madam. There is dinner arranged for you all." He informed me. I rolled my eyes, "Let me guess, Silas asked you to?" I asked. He chuckled, "Yes, Madam." He nodded his head. "Darja will escort you to the beach for dinner." He said.

"It is on the beach?" I asked him. He nodded, "Yes, Miss Wayne." He replied. Oh, Silas – why did you have to do all this? I didn't say anything to Abdur and simply nodded my head. He walked out of my room while closing the door behind him. I sighed and walked near to a huge window opening to the deep blue ocean. The sound of waves crashing at the bay was relaxing. I smiled as I took a deep breath. The humidity was more than I thought it would be. The smell of the ocean was enough to make me feel fresh all over again.

There weren't many people out at the beach although it was a good sunny day. I was enjoying the beautiful view when my cellphone rang. I knew who it would be. I answered the call with a smile on my face, "Hello." I said. "Hey." He replied. "Did you girls reached safely?" He asked. "Yes, we did," I replied. "Silas, you didn't have to do this all," I said. "I shouldn't have done what?" He asked. I rolled my eyes, "You have already done enough. First, you arranged a poolside private party for us then you booked two more additional rooms and then the dinner." I said to him. He chuckled, "It is nothing. I just want you all to enjoy this trip." He replied.

I sighed, "I don't like it when you spend so much on us – on me." I told him lowly.

"Believe me, Maria – I can spend a lot more just on you and I swear it will still not be enough." He said. I small smile curled on my lips. How could I ever thought that I would be able to un-love this man? "Yes!" Silas said all of the sudden causing me to snap out of my thoughts. I jumped slightly. "What happened?" I asked him. "Oh –" he chuckled, "Nothing – I was just trying to clear this level." He mumbled inattentively. I knitted my eyebrows bewilderedly, "What?" I asked. "Uh, nothing," He replied. I could hear some music going on in the background – it sounded familiar. I tried to remember where I heard it before and it clicked – I know what he playing. I grinned, "Silas, which game are you playing?" I asked. "Oh, it is this game. It is called – uh – War of Gods." He answered. I laughed, "Don't lie to me, Silas. There is nothing wrong with playing Candy Crush." I told him.