chapter: fifty

"What happened?"

Cameron was wiping my hands with an alcohol swab as I was sitting at the table. She was gently patting the small cuts on my hands and it kind of hurt a little.

Micah walks back in after she told me that she had someone that would fix the back window. I saw Brailynn sitting on the counter, watching us as Cameron was doctoring me up.

"Jesse?" Cameron looks at me. "What happened?"

I sighed. "I stayed at River's last night.. after I left, her crazy- whatever, ex or I don't know chased me down the street. She smashed the back window out and threatened me with a bat."

Cameron stops and looks at me for a moment as I glanced over at Micah, who was watching me with an expression I couldn't read.

"Did you call the cops?"

"I wanted to but I don't know her last name or the car she drives. I've seen it dozens of times but I can't remember what it was. It's black all I know."

I saw Micah steadily watching me as Cameron was finishing up my hand. She leans back before looking down at my hands again and smiling at me. "All done."

Cameron gets up and walks away. I look to see Micah walking over towards me before sitting down in the spot where Cameron was sitting at.

"You're not hurt anywhere else, right?"

I shook my head. "Only my hands." I look down at them. "I fell on the ground when she grabbed my ankle."

"So, you said she's River's ex?"

Looking up at her, I shrug then saw Cameron looking over at us. I look back at Micah as she was watching me. "I don't know what you would call her. They never dated. They're-" I look to see Brailynn watching me and I look back at Micah.

She slowly nods. "I gotcha. You don't know her last name?" I shook my head. "What's her first name?"

"Belle."

I saw her nod then stand up. "Ok well, call the police cause I have some business to take care of." She looks at Cameron before looking back at me. "Come with me."

"Micah, you are not about to do this. Don't put Jesse in that kind of danger. Let the police handle it."

"Like the police handles every other situation?"

Cameron crosses her arms and that's when I saw Micah's defense shield break. "Ok, I'm sorry. I'll call the police." She looks over at me. "Come on, Jesse."

I saw Brailynn smile at me as Cameron was watching us leave the kitchen. We walked outside towards the car and I saw Micah grab her phone and pressed it against her ear before looking at me.

"Let's actually see if the police will do shit." She rolls her eyes. "If I wasn't so scared of that woman, I swear.."

Chuckling, I look towards the car then back at Micah as she was now talking to the police. I sighed as I knew that if I had to talk to them then I needed to find out Belle's last name at least.

The only way to do that is to talk to River..

-

The police came by a few hours later, looked at the car and talked to me. I tried telling them everything I knew and even messaged River but didn't get an answer from her. I wasn't sure if she was pissed cause I left or didn't see the message yet.

Everything I told them was enough for them to know who I was talking about.

They said Belle's last name was Green.