chapter: twenty five

Stepping into River's house for the third time was just as different as the last two times. I came in the last few times aware of what was happening, but now I was unaware and a little terrified.

It caught me off guard when River asked me. I didn't know what to expect or why she would even want me to come inside.

But here I was.

I followed her into the kitchen, where I was still confused with every step I was taking. I came to a stop and looked around before seeing River stop in front of the fridge and open it.

She looked over at me and slightly smiled. "Do you want anything to drink?" She grabbed a soda from the fridge before watching me, waiting for my answer.

"Um no thanks."

After she shut the fridge, I averted my eyes away from her as I looked around her kitchen. It wasn't too bright in here. The wallpaper was a grey color and there were a few things hanging on the walls.

Wooden cabinets and a table located off the the left.

When I look back at her, she was taking a sip of her drink and I decided to go ahead and ask the question that's been on my mind ever since I walked in.

"Why did you invite me inside?"

She looks at me then places the bottle down on the counter. "Just thought-" We heard a knock on the door and River looked towards the entrance. "Come in!"

After a moment, I saw Sophie walking in and she stopped when she saw me. Her eyes landed on me, which was the first thing she looked at when she walked in since I was right at the entrance.

"What's going on?"

Looking back over at River, she shrugged before looking at me then back at her. "Just hanging out."

Sophie gave her a confused look as I was doing the same thing. Nothing was making sense right now and I was so damn confused.

"I think I'm gonna leave." I said as I walked backwards towards the entrance.

"I think that's best." Sophie said then she looked over at River.

Walking out, I really needed to get away from here before something happens. I wasn't sure what was going to happen but something- I could feel it and I was out.

As soon as I opened the door to walk out, Belle was standing there.

She looked at me and I looked at her with the same expression as she was giving me; confused.

Walking around her, I could feel her watching me as I walked to the truck, started it then left without glancing back at the house.

-

I was laying in my room, staring at the ceiling as I kept replaying what happened earlier. It's been a few hours since then and I have been staring at the ceiling ever since I came home.

Trying to figure everything out which wasn't happening cause I was still very much confused.

What Sophie told me, that it would be best if I did leave, was replaying in my head as I was trying to figure out what she meant by that.

I knew there was a bad vibe towards River ever since I saw her and I knew my gut wasn't lying to me about it.

Then Sara said something about liking her wasn't such a good idea, so there's also that.

River was hiding a dark secret and I don't think I want to know about it.

If someone feels a bad vibe towards someone, then that's an indication that you need to turn around and walk away.