chapter: sixty nine

Hardest to Love by The Weeknd^

"River!" I ran to the door but it was locked. I held onto the door handle and shook it, trying to make it open some how but it was still locked. "River!" I screamed as I shook the door violently until I backed up and looked around.

I checked every window all around the house but they were all locked. I ran to the backyard and to the back door but it was locked also.

I was panicking.

Her car was parked in the driveway.

She ignored my messages and I didn't have her number to call her. I tried messaging Sophie, asking for her number but she never responded and I was already on the way here.

After I left Kris, I thought about the worst possible things that could happen to River and I panicked. I didn't tell Kris anything as I ran to my car, hopped in and sped here.

Now I was trying to find a way inside her house cause screaming and hitting the door wasn't working.

Everything was locked and that stressed me out.

Walking around the house, I looked up and saw the rood ledge that I climbed down from that day. I didn't see any way of getting up on the roof and I was frantically looking around, trying to find something.

That's when I ran to the back yard and found a barrel. I rolled it to the front of the house and positioned it to where I wanted to climb up on.

I made sure the barrel was secured and didn't try to move on me. The ground was pretty level so I hoped for the best as I climbed up on it then immediately grabbed ahold of the ledge.

Looking around, I hoisted myself up then threw my leg over and pulled myself up on the ledge. I sat there then looked around until I looked over at her bedroom window, which I knew was hers.

I crawled towards the window before standing up and holding my breath as I grabbed the window and it opened. I let out my breath then opened it all the way before climbing inside.

Once I was inside, I looked around but didn't see her anywhere. I walked towards the door then out into the hallway before walking back the bathroom then stopping.

I turned towards it then felt my heart pounding as I grabbed the door handle and slowly opened it. I wasn't sure what was waiting for me on the other side but my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest.

When I walked in, that's when I seen her.

And I immediately fell to my knees.

"What?" I look up and saw her looking at me from in the bathtub as she was sitting up against the wall underwater.

Looking at her, I stood up. "You scared the hell out of me! You didn't answer my messages! I kept banging on your door and trying to find a way in for twenty minutes!"

I kept looking at her as I saw her arm and she quickly hid it in the water. "Sorry."

Giving her a confused look, I couldn't believe- well, actually I can- that she was calm about this and not showing any emotion.

"Sorry? That's all you're going to say?" I watch as she sat there with her arms crossed, looking at me without saying anything.

"What do you want me to say? I'm not apologizing for what happened earlier." She said.

Looking at her, I shook my head. "I wasn't talking about that, but whatever." I turn around towards the door then stopped when she spoke.

"Don't leave."